Folic acid and morning sickness

kellysomer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope nobody thinks this is a daft question but every morning i take my folic acid and pronatal vitamins religiously. If i then am sick (my morning sickness is bad at the moment) should i take another? Does anyone know if how long the tablets take to dissolve? I cant see the tablet come back up (TMI Sorry) i dont want baby to miss out especially at this vital stage but also dont want to overdose. I normally take the tablet at 8am before i leave for work and i dont eat anything until 12 so the tablet is on an empty stomach?

Does anyone know?

Thanks> :D

One thing I do know is that your meant to take folic acid when you eat, not on an empty stomach, try this it may help to keep them down, maybe try taking them at different times during the day and not together.

Good luck with the morning sickness, i was soo luckly not to suffer!! :D

Natalie x

I was just gonaa say the same thing. Also the best cure for morning sickness is to try and eat as soon as you are awake - It will be the last thing you feel like doing but it will help. I get my worst feelings of sickness around 3-4pm and if I make myself eat it's so much better.

Going till midday with nothing to eat is not much good for you or your little prawn honey!!

Try it xxxxxxx

Taking vitamins on an empty stomach could be another reason why you are being sick, i did that once and the pain was awful and I puked.

Best take after food in the evening so it can dissolve in your tummy when in bed :)

Thanks guys as usual you're the best. I didnt know that you should take vitamins and folic acid with food! I have been taking a vit supplement for years with water in the morning! (oops) Now i am worried my little prawn won't have got the folic acid? I sadly have never been able to eat before late morning it makes me sick, i have a very weak stomach and have never eaten breakfast, do you think this will affect my baby? I am not sure i could eat breakfast, sometimes i eat a few grapes before lunch do you think this would be ok for breakfast?

I will try the folic acid at night before bed, thanks guys!

Solving one worry seems to start another, roll on 12 weeks stage!

:D

Hi Kelly,

I had the same problem with morning sickness and took my folic acid at night as it seemed to sty down then. Hope the sickness goes soon. I also hardly ate breakfast before I was preganant and I still struggle now as I am still experiencing occasional sickness. I used to have an ice pop whilst still in bed (it worked for me) and take an apple to work with me. Then I could eat that when I got to work and this helped. It wasn't eh best breakfast but it was all I could manage. I would just make sure that for lunch I ate more, perhaps had a fruit smoothie and ate raw veg as that seemed to really help, then had a good dinner when I felt better (I was only ever sick in the early part of the day). Even now I start eating my breakfast and end up gagging on it, the dog loves it as he has all my cereal and toast now. I am sure baby got enough folic acid, it is advised to take them after food but your body will still have absorbed it and baby will have got what the need. I was really worried about not eating enough for baby and my midwife said that the baby will take everything it needs from your body, so you get to feel grotty but baby is fine. I don't know how far gone you are but I can't wait to see you in the 2nd tri. xxxxx

Ahh thank you Beanie.

Your message was really nice (all of them were) and i am so hormonal at the mo everything makes me cry!!!!

I have never felt this ill before and hate being sick, how long is this going to last. I love this baby more than anything else in the world but dont know how i'm gonna cope with another 7 months of this!?

I want to go to bed and i'm stuck at work 5 days a week.

I cant beleive i'm moaning as i have wanted this for so long, i am just so down right now. On the plus side folic acid stays down if i take it in the evening , thanks guys, you're the best! :D

I know hon, I just wanted the sickness to stop, but it just wouldn't go away. The worst thing for me was knowing that no matter what the next morning I was going to be sick. Its ok to have a moan about it, you're the one going through it and it is a horrible experience, it doesn't mean that you're not pleased to be pregnant. My sickness seems to have almost gone. I haven't been sick for a week and its great, so it will end. What job do you do? Could work not help you out? I had about 25 hours of time owed as I had been working loads and my morning sickness took it all up, not fair xxxxxxx

I had real bad morning sickness the way i got through it was by telling myself everytime i was sick that at least i knew bubs was ok, i was told when you miscarry the sickness stops immediately - hope people who dont have morning sickness dont read that and panic now - it is comon for people not to have symptoms too :)

Thanks all,

I am so ill now that i am stuck at work feeling really down, i cant take time off this week as we have 2 staff of on holiday and i am the only experianced one left to watch the new member of staff. i am going for a scan thursday and i am going to ask them what to do, i am just sat here at work, i cant do anything as am so tired and ill. I am getting so much sleep (11 hours a night) and i am falling asleep at work. I am the front desk of an insurance company so have people in all the time. I am already getting funny looks for wearing sea sickness bands with formal dress.

I have worked out i have 2 1/2 weeks paid holiday left for this year, and i am considering taking it but then i have no time to go to get the pram, do xmas shopping etc etc...

When is this going to end?! I am only at the start and already i cant cope. It makes me so down.

(this baby is definatly male as i know a girl wouldnt be so naughty as to make me this sick, LOL!) my stepson agrees, cheeky monkey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back