Folic acid

Little bean

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how long we have to take folic acid for and what vitimins do we take after we finish the folic acid?? Thank you. Xx

Folic acid is essential for the first 12 weeks. I now take pregnancy multivitamins and have done since 10 weeks I think. U can take them all thro pg and breastfeeding. The tesco own ones r just as good as pregnacare and cheaper xx

yeah folic acid is important in first 12weeks after that there is little or no point in taking it as baby is fully formed and just gets bigger x

I take the sainsburys mum & bump which have folic acid in. I'm going to carry on taking them throughout my pregnancy for the other vitamins after 12 weeks x

If you're not taking a multivitamin especially designed for pregnant women you should definitely be taking folic acid until 12 weeks and 10mcg vitamin d throughout the whole pregnancy. The vitamin d isn't talked about much but check out the NHS or Department of Health website..

I'm going to be controversial here and say I stopped taking them around 10 weeks as they were making me very ill. The midwife advised me to stop taking them as the food the baby nerds is more important than me not keeping anything down from being that ill taking them if that makes sense? I had been taking them religiously since may but since fell pregnant this time from around 6/7 weeks I noticed that when I did take them I was violently sick.

I do take lots of vit c and I eat tonnes of veg and fruit. I have my scan on Tuesday so I'm just praying my selfishness has not put the baby in danger xxxxxx

defo up to 12 weeks but the midwife also said theres no harm after so will take them up until my scan and then find something else to go onto... any recommendations? x

I'm going to be controversial here and say I stopped taking them around 10 weeks as they were making me very ill. The midwife advised me to stop taking them as the food the baby nerds is more important than me not keeping anything down from being that ill taking them if that makes sense? I had been taking them religiously since may but since fell pregnant this time from around 6/7 weeks I noticed that when I did take them I was violently sick.

I do take lots of vit c and I eat tonnes of veg and fruit. I have my scan on Tuesday so I'm just praying my selfishness has not put the baby in danger xxxxxx

Babybo I am exactly the same, I throw up immediately after trying to take my multivitamins. I just hope it hasn't affected my lil roo too. Xx

I was taking pregnacare multiple vitamins but like babybo and kanga they made me soooo sick! For now gave gone back to just folic acid. Must admit it worries me a bit as I'm getting next no nutritious food to stay down at all. But sure baby is taking what it needs from me. Will probably carry on with the folic acid until 12 weeks then switch back to the multiple vitamins if I can keep them down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back