Flying with a baby

Melanie

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice or tips for flying with a newborn? I am taking Thea to England on my own next Saturday and im a little nervous.

Has anyone flown with very young babies, how was it?

i'd reccommend packing a dummy, and a spare change of clothes for her, and a spare top for you, just in case the worst happens!

hopefully she'll just sleep though, and at least as your breastfeeding you can do that to comfort her as well as to feed her

make sure she is sucking something during take off and landing so the pressure dosnt hurt her ears :)

Yeah if your seat hasnt already been allocated ask for the front row seats, think its A1 to A6, i found the extra legroom great so bubba could fit, feed them some milk or water when the plane gains altitude and just before you land, and boots does a great mini sedative called medised that helps baby remain calm. Also theres no changing facilities and the extra leg room at the front is ideal if your babies nappy needs changed, and take some extra bottles incase flight is delayed, also a warm blanket and a pillow to help support you back, as you tend th stoop forward after holding your baby for more than a half hour XkelX

I also vote for Medised it won't harm your baby (check for age on side of packet tho). My little bub was easy peasy to take on a plane when he was little. Now he's walking its gonna be a LOT harder as he won't sit still anywhere!!! We have to fly to the UK in December too, the flight is 7 hours from here argh!!!
Sucking as previously mentioned is probably the most important thing to stop their little ears from popping.
Good luck and enjoy your trip...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back