Flying at 29 weeks!

newbump

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if anyone else has flown at 29 weeks or more?? Im off on holiday next thursday, (baby has been abroad twice so far and not even born yet :lol: ) wondered really if you felt a lot of movement while in the air, im just thinking the pressure must feel kinda wierd for them :?

Natalie x

Hi there!! I have been fyling around since being pregnant also and everything has ben fine so far. I will be travelling to Australia in 2 weeks. At that time I will be 23-24 weeks pregnant. The doctor told me to wear a special pair of tights, so that it reduces the risk of DVT - Blood Clots (i can't remember the name of the tights right now I will find out and let you know). The longest part of my trip will be 13 hours from LA to Sydney I am nervous about that part of the trip, but I want to go home to have my baby!!

Take a doctors note if you appear to be showing quite a bit. All airlines take it differently but it's alays good to have one.

Have a great trip!!!!

Tineke

Hey newbump...

I have been warned not to fly after 26 weeks and anything I've read says that while flying after that time may not be unsafe, to take a doctor's letter and make sure you're insured. The risk of early delivery is enough for airlines not to like taking women over that time period and to train their staff to deliver babies! :shock:

I'm sure you'll be fine, but make sure that you have that doc's note!

Sue

Don't worry about the pressure, as they have no air spaces yet in their sinus or ears, so they won't feel it.
I was scuba instructor when I was pregnant with my first son, and was diving loads as I had NO IDEA I was pregnant!

oops!

Thanks for all your replys, i have a doctors note to say im fine to fly and my insurance will cover me up to 31 weeks!! so all ok!!

Urchin, I didnt know about the no air space in sinus or ears bit, thats really interesting, so I guess diving hasnt caused your son any problems!?!?

Natalie x

Does a doctors note cost money, I'm going to ask for one tomorrow...

Hi Kim

Mine didnt cost me, I got it from my midwife, which just says she is happy that Im fit to fly!

Natalie

newbump said:
Urchin, I didnt know about the no air space in sinus or ears bit, thats really interesting, so I guess diving hasnt caused your son any problems!?!?

Natalie x

Yes he's absolutley fine! I was obviously really worried, especially about the pressure, which is lots greater 30 metres underwater than you would get on a plane I guess. I was reasurred when I asked my doc about it, as he explained any pressure problems usually come from the air spaces, eg. ears popping and headaches from the air in the sinus etc.
Phew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back