Fluids other than milk

kayzee

Reaction score
HI ladies :wave:

Was just wondering how many of your babies are having anything other than milk during the day?

Tia is currently having a bottle of milk with brekkie, a bottle of milk about 11, milk and tea about 4 and another one before bed about 6.30-7.

Weve had bouts of warmer weather recently amd ive bought her a beaker (soft spout one) but she flatly refuses to drink out of it just bites it.

Ive tried the tommee tippee tip up cup which has a soft silicone spout, just incase she doesnt like the other one and still the same, tried a bottle too with water, very weak baby juice and still shes having none of it!! :wall:

Would you carry on persevering offering other fluids between meals if it appears she wants them or offer a bottle?

I dont really want to start more milk between feeds as shes been in a lovely routine for a little while now, just was wondering what all your baby's had other than milk if anything.

Thanks in advance :hug: kaye and tia xxxx

I started giving Ellie water in a beaker (without a lid), when she was 4.5months, with meals. I started then because I was giving her, her lunch and drinking from my glass, when she grabbed it out of my hand and tried to drink from it. I do use a lid sometimes (and I know they only use a lid at nursery) but she is much happier drinking from it without a lid on.

rachael has fresh orange juice diluted with cooled boiled water, apple juice, lemon juice and plain water.
she doesn't have it a lot but i do try her with it every now and then during the day. :)

luke has water out of a bottle has done for 4 or 5 weeks between feeds. he probably has up to 2 ounces a day on a hot day so its just sips here and there.

We have started giving Logan milk in a cup with no lid on as he refuses to take a bottle and he is doing really well with it... I think we will skip sippy cups altogether....... maybe you could try just the cup with no lid...

Maybe skipping it all together is the way to go, a couple of weeks ago she did have some sips of my tea cos i couldnt get it in my mouth without her hands being in it, was only lukewarm mind by the time i got to it :lol: cheers for that :hug:

my nan used to give us tea on a spoon.

then there is dipping dummies in beer.

and the wisky that used to get put in our bottles

:rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member