milk

Amanda W

Reaction score
Alisha is 11months old today im just wondering how many bottle of milk she should be having

Hi Amanda, I came in to post this very question! My daughter is 8 months old and on two bottles - one in the morning and one at night. Until last week she was on 3 bottles - morning, lunch and just before bed, however she started refusing the lunchtime bottle. I have a notion that teething is putting her off her food and might try to introduce the lunch bottle again.

However, my friend who has 4 kids has told me that it is normal for a baby to be on 2 bottles only at this stage, gradually reducing to none by the age of 1. She had her last baby off bottles totally by 10 months. This goes against most articles I have read though which say a baby requires formula milk until 12 months.

So I wanted to ask other mums how many bottles their baby is taking/was taking at 8 months. I will go with what my daughter leads me to do and am in no hurry to cut the bottles out at the moment but am curious.

Tegan has never been a very big milk drinker but they do say they 'should' have 20oz a day until there 1. since Tegan was about 9 months old she had 1 bottle a day at bedtime. at 10.5 months i switched it to a cup which she still has every night before bed xx

So how many bottles should be at 6 months then guys?

Hi
My Lo loves his milk. At 6 months he was still on six bottles a day of 5-6oz (I didn't start weaning until he was 6 months). Now hes on 4 bottles a day of 4-5oz. He is fully weaned and has three meals a day. I'm in no rush to cut back on his milk, I just follow his lead xxxx

Last edited:
My Lucy must be s right wee porker!! She Is nearly 11 months and has 4 nearly 7 oz bottles !!' (one of those is middle of night too!!) and she has 3 meals. Perhaps I need to cut back?! It's so difficult to know what to do xx

Yes I agree it is difficult to know what to do. Your Lo must want it, otherwise she wouldn't be drinking lol. My lo doesn't have any during the night, although his first bottle of the day is between 5-6 in the morning. But I treat it as a night fed and put him back to bed after. What time does your LO have her bed time bottle? And does she drink all of her night time one? xxx

Devon dropped to just one boob feed at 6am and one at about 630pm/7pm before bed from 7 mths onwards. We are still doing the same, and he will be 1 on the 6th of January 2012. I plan to continue this for now as no trouble. But can't decide if to use cows milk or follow on formula based on iron info

Hey don don she generally has her night feed any time between 0330 and 0500 and I also try to get her back to sleep but doesn't always work and it's then get up time !! It's killing me as I'm back full time! She does generally drink it all too xx

Hey don don she generally has her night feed any time between 0330 and 0500 and I also try to get her back to sleep but doesn't always work and it's then get up time !! It's killing me as I'm back full time! She does generally drink it all too xx

Rainbox , would putting her to bed later help bring the night time feed more towards morning? O.r lifting her , and feeding her again when you go to bed, perhas that would top her up?

I refused to feed my son at night after he was 9 months old I gave him bottles till midnight then none will morning and he got the message and it was tough at first but It worked as he was grazing bottles by then anyways like 2-3 oz's and then back to sleep x

He has three to four bottles during day I generally stopped counting then, I give one with breakfast then one midmorning if he wants it then one midafternoon, then one before bed x sometimes he will have an extra one as he is ill atm so refusing food x

It must be well tiring esp cos your back at work full time, I go back at the end of Jan!!
We used to do what jj mum said, we used to wake him at half ten and feed him and put him back to bed. That would keep him going through the night. The thing is she must want it as like you say she does generally drink it.
What time does she have a her tea and bed time bottle chick? Mine has a big tea at half four and then has his bed time bottle at around 6- 6.15pm xxxx

Last edited:
Hi Hun she has her dinner any time between 1700 and 1730 then bath bout 1815 and bottle at 1900!! She had Been even more of a nightmare waking at 2200 and having a bottle then but still waking at 0330 for a bottle !! She has done this last few nights but don't mind so much as she has chest infection and is on antibiotics. I'm really tired and would love it if she slept a wee bit longer than 0400!! Jj mum I've tried getting her to bed later but she gets over tired and sleeps worse , been giving a bottle last few nights 2200 but she still wakes don't know what I'm meant to do!! Thanks for your advise ladys xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back