Flu Jag ?????

CathC

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I had a call from the nurse yesterday to advise that the Flu Jag is offered to all pregnant women in D&G once they pass the 12 week mark, she also said it is a recommendation that I take it!!!
I have never had flu and never want it, however I was just wondering if any of you lovely ladies had had this done while you are pregnant?? If so how did you feel ??? Would you recommend ??? Help please !!! I have made a provisional appointment for Wednesday afternoon but any advice before then would be much appreciated

Thanx xxxx :confused:

i had it and i was fine, in fact a few weeks later a lot of people were getting what i can only explain as flu symptoms, my DD was even ill with a high temp etc and i only got a mild cold so i would say its deffo worth it xx

I had the flu jab when I was pregnant and would recommend it. About a week after I got the jab, OH got flu. He couldn't eat or sleep he felt that poorly. I didn't even get a sniffle. The way I saw it was that they wouldn't offer it if it wasn't safe and if I had caught that flu from OH my baby could have been harmed.
I had no side effects apart from a sore arm for a couple of days afterwards.

I had it when i was 16 weeks, no side affects, Would defo reccomend, can be dangerous to get flu for you and baby when your pregnant, there were a few threads regarding this at the end of last year xx

I had mine done before Christmas about 2 weeks later i fell ill for 2 days but apart from that it was fine (just remember not to get it on the arm u mostly sleep on as it can be sore ) I would recommend just getting it done as the flu can have really bad effects on your unborn baby and for the sake of a couple of days of feeling ruff it puts your mind at rest.

I have to have it every year since i was 16 as I'm asthmatic and never ha a problem with it - I wasn't pregnant whenever I've had it though.

I had it done at around 16 weeks, and also no side affects, and dodged the flu when everyone else had it recently!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

It is perfectly safe for pregnant women, they always offer it o the elderly and pregnant women before others. Flu can be very harmful in pregnancy

I'm dead against the flu jab and would never get it, pregnant or not. Each person is different and its up to each individual. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I haven't had it and have never had the flu. I started a thread a while ago in Tri 1 about the same thing so have a look at that to see what everyone said then x

You need to weigh up the pros and cons hun.

I personally don't like the idea of the flu jab under normal circumstances for me personally as I'd like to think my immune system would be sufficient to fight it off naturally.

Being pregnant is a whole other kettle of fish though. It's not just about me any more. And my immune system is compromised as part of the pregnancy. Getting the flu as a pregnant woman can have serious side effects to the mother and baby and I decided I just was not going to risk it.

I also figured that there has been a lot of research put in to developing this vaccination for our benefit and if the risks of taking it outweighed the benefits then a big organisation like the nhs would not be recommending that we have it done.

Hey fellow d&g person!! I'm in Stranraer!! I had never had flu and wasn't told specifically to get flu jag from midwife or anyone but friends and family persuaded me to have it. I phoned doc and got it done by nurse in November. Touch wood - I haven't had a cold yet this winter and have felt fine. No side affects apart from sore arm
For day or two!

I got it and had no side effects at all. Flu can have horrendous consequences. My sister died from swine flu in December 2010. On her ward there were pregnant women hanging onto life by the skin of their teeth, it was horrific to see. A simple injection can help to protect you and your baby from this outcome x

Is there a reason people are calling it the flu jag? Am I missing something or just being totally blonde?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I thought I was being blonde as well!! :D

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I had it at 14 weeks with no side effects. I have never had it before but personally if it is recommended by my midwife and doctor I figure there must be a pretty good reason.

Thanks for that, I 'm in Moffat. I actually went to have the jag yesterday. The Nurse said it was more for swine flu than anything else, she was really reassuring and today all I have is a bit of a sore arm. Good luck to you in your pregnancy. Cath x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back