flu jab?

I wish I had got mine. I caught flu luckily it hasn't caused any problems with baby but a month later im still ill. Its so much worse when pg.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Oh that's awful, hope you feel better soon xx

My dad has quite bad asthma and got the flu jab every year for about 6 years, and every year after getting it he got terribly ill and was off his feet for a week or more. Last year he decided not to get it, and didn't get sick.

I worked in a hospital for 4yrs and most of the nurses I worked with didn't get it either.

You can say 'oh but its only a little bit of mercury and other toxins so I'm sure its fine' - but I'd prefer NONE of those toxins reached my baby.
My mum has never had the flu jab, none of my aunts have either, and we're all perfectly healthy.

Its my choice not to have it! So I won't be having it. Its that simple. As I said before, each to their own.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi, i just wanted to let you know how poorly I have been this week and have been in hospital and I'm likely to be in hospital for a bit longer. I have had flu for the last week and it has progressed into viral bronchitis and I can tell you for definite there is no comparison.... The risks involved in catching this and becoming seriously ill are just extreme compared to the jab. I have never in my life been so poorly. My husband is a healthy big strong bloke that is 29 years old and was also rushed into a&e yesterday, he was in agony and could barely breath.. We thought that was it! I seriously didn't think he would be ok. It was scary!! It turns out it's the same virus as I have got. Anyway my point is, I also questioned having the jab back in December and I am so cross at myself for not having it!! I always have funny reactions to jabs but honestly they are definitely better than a virus taking over your body x x x

Oh Kat sounds awful, I really hope you recover soon and you and baby are ok.

Jay jay totally understand your views, it really is a personal choice and we know what's best for us.

Thanks for all your views and opinions, xx

Hi, i just wanted to let you know how poorly I have been this week and have been in hospital and I'm likely to be in hospital for a bit longer. I have had flu for the last week and it has progressed into viral bronchitis and I can tell you for definite there is no comparison.... The risks involved in catching this and becoming seriously ill are just extreme compared to the jab. I have never in my life been so poorly. My husband is a healthy big strong bloke that is 29 years old and was also rushed into a&e yesterday, he was in agony and could barely breath.. We thought that was it! I seriously didn't think he would be ok. It was scary!! It turns out it's the same virus as I have got. Anyway my point is, I also questioned having the jab back in December and I am so cross at myself for not having it!! I always have funny reactions to jabs but honestly they are definitely better than a virus taking over your body x x x

Oh my gosh, I hope you and your husband feel better soon!

I had the flu jab last year, to be honest I didn't even think about it, just another jab really...

Oh my gosh, I hope you and your husband feel better soon!

I had the flu jab last year, to be honest I didn't even think about it, just another jab really...

Just to let you know its an annual injection hun so ull need to have it again x

jayjay am with you on that one.... people i know who have had it have been ill and they havent had it this year and theyre fine.
Also i work within the health service too and hardly anyone has had theirs

Jayjay I didn't want to offend you, we all make our choices. I just can't stress enough that pregnant women are more likely to get ill from flu than normal people who Just choose to not have it and complications from the flu can be devastating for pregnant women and the LO .
I will now bow out of this thread as really this is not a forum for debate :)

You didn't offend me at all. I understand that some people want it and will go get it no questions asked. Like I said, its each woman's personal choice and what anyone else decides or thinks doesn't offend me :) we were all just giving our thoughts on it x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi hon. I didn't have mine. Partly because I was told seasonal fly peak ends in march so decided I'd risk it for a few weeks as I'm not a fan of having jabs. If it had been start of season last October I probably would have had it as the benefit would be greater.

It's a personal choice though :)

Xx

My MW said we're out of winter now so it wasn't necessary, to be honest I hadn't given it much thought but shows inconsistent medical practises if one MW urges you to have it and mine seemed relaxed about not having it done. No right or wrong I guess? x

my MW told me to book in to get it, but I am not going to either. For starters is the end of flu season, and also i know a few people who got the jab one year, but then didnt bother the next and then got hit really really hard with the flu that year, like totally floored them like they had never had before. They think that if you have it once you need to keep getting it, but i wont be entitled when i am not pregnant.

and as I will have a small baby when the next flu season starts, i could do without getting sick!

I had no idea about the pros and cons of this. My midwife and doctor haven't mentioned a thing about having it... xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back