flu jab?

mrs v

Reaction score
Have you ladies had it or booked in for it, iv got to have mine Wednesday, is it safe? Xx

I haven't even been given a mw appointment yet!!! I will be having the flu jab though, not taking any risks x

It hasn't been mentioned to me and I won't be mentioning it either. Not having it done, even if they do bring it up x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

It's safe and recommended actually for regnant women. I think in the pregnancy chat section was a big thread about that, maybe you try to find it , I am sure it has lots of information.

when i went for my bloods taken the nurse was like shall I give ur flu jab as well !! but i dont really want it dont see the benift ???

The benefit is that it aims to protect you and your baby from potentially life threatening flu.

Well i cna tell you the bad part....pregnant women have an awful immune system making them very high risk for flu. Flu is quite bad by itself let along on a pregnant woman.I dosent protect from all the flu viruses but it gives you protection of the most known and virulent nasty thing in your country. I had it already.

Thanks ladies, I just assumed every preg lady would be offered it. The mw didnt say it could pose a risk and surely if it could she would be obliged to say, she was quite adament that I should get it. I'm gonna have it, you just never know and it affects preg women worse apparently.

Hope ill try find that thread, thanks :)

I was offered it a few months ago as I have asthma but missed my appointment :( I'd def take it now I'm preg if they offered again xxxx

Go and ask for it hun, especially if you've got asthma x

I'd get it, as there are more complications associated with flu in pregnancy

I've a funny feeling my doctors only offer it at a certain time of year! Ill phone tmo and ask them :) xxxx

The flu jab has mercury in it, one of the most poisonous substances known to man. It also has formaldehyde in it, for those of u who don't know what that is, its what they put in dead bodies to preserve them while in the coffin. I'd prefer not to have those things near my baby.

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/quick-compare-2

Of course its each woman's preference, but I'd never get it. X

Ok but you forget the most important think, flu can kill a pregnant woman....I am sure if the level of mercury was terribly high to cause problems health professionals will never recommend it for pregnant women.
As everything in medicine it's a balance of risks, and the risk is too much when you don't have the vaccin. I am a doctor, I didn't even blink on my gynecologist that reminded me the flu jab ...
But yep it's a choice. Same discussion I have all day with my patients . I hear all day but that anti hypertensive medicine has side effects. Yes true but the side effect of hypertension is stroke and paralysis or death. Your choice really, just make a well informed one.

^^ thats an american site, and the vaccinations in the UK change every year, as the flu strain changes too.

Just my tuppence worth ladies....

My S-I-L is a health Technician in a GP surgery - she had to have the flu jab (depsite her not wanting to) as the nature of her job made the risks too great.

Like Hope says you have to weigh up the cost / benefit based on your individual situation.

I have only ever had the proper flu once in my life, but for a week I was so ill my Mum had to take me to the loo as I could barely stand. I couldn't eat, had such extreme temparature fluctuations and there was talk of me being hospitalised at one point.

Would I risk that when pregnant? Personally no I wouldn't.

As I say each to their own

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was offered a flu jab and my midwife really encouraged me to have it. I did a bit of research to see how it would affect me or baby (well, babies! lol) and I read that not only does it protect me as being more at risk for complications in flu, but it can also protect baby even after birth from respiratory infections as well. Bonus, I think!

I wish I had got mine. I caught flu luckily it hasn't caused any problems with baby but a month later im still ill. Its so much worse when pg.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back