Flu Jab?

Completely agree citygirl, you gotta go with what you feel comfortable with.

Sorry to hear you feel crappy pinkymum :( is it because of the jab or coincidence? I thought it wasn't meant to give you cold/flu symptoms? Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Let us know how you get on lilly and bidsy!

Last edited:
Ho ho! After hearing on Radio Scotland that pregnant women were supposed to get this year's seasonal flu vaccine which includes the swine flu vaccine and about a case locally I duly phoned my GP. Who didn't have a clue what I was on about!!... She even denied the seasonal flu and swine flu were in the same vaccine!! Luckily she went off to check her facts and phoned the next day (very apologetic) to say that yes the vaccines were combined and yes they were reccomending that pregnant women have the vaccine in the second trimester - so I now have an appointment to have the vaccine next week - when I will be 36 weeks pregnant. Better late than never?? If it hadn't been for Radio Scotland I would never have had known about this at all! The Scotsman claimed NHS Ayrshire & Arran have a campaign to make sure people take up the vaccine - yet I can't see any evidence of it especially since their GP's and midwives don't seem to know anything about it!!!

Stumpy Joe - that lady is in the hospital where I will be giving birth. I haven't seen any updates as to her condition yet but as far as I know baby was delivered by C-section before they put mum in a medically induced coma and is doing well. Fingers crossed she makes a good recovery

Pinkymum

The vaccine is not a live vaccine so there is no cold or flu virus in it. Maybe you had the cold working on you?

im really confused now!! i went to docs today for check over for current cold (so wouldnt really want flu jab at the moment any way) but asked gp if i should have it but she wasnt sure!!! just seen on tv that all pregnant women should have it but would i really benefit this late on?? i had the swine flu jablast year but have never had the seasonal jab!. youd think id know what to do but i dont!!x

I had the flu jab today and had
Midwife afterwards she thought it was a good idea. My arms abit dead but I am glad I had it done!!! X x

thanks i will prob ring up after xmas to get mine when im feelin better xx

Please read a post made by Princess81 in Members Sanctuary x x

thanks vixforever, i have read princess851 stry,very sad, im going to ring up tommorow and ask to be booked in after xmas definately xx

Yeah fingers crossed for her. All of this mixed information is very frustrating. They really should ensure that the doctors and mws know what the nhs messages are!

thanks vixforever, i have read princess851 stry,very sad, im going to ring up tommorow and ask to be booked in after xmas definately xx

Thank you. I just thought on her behalf I should raise the awareness. I am now booked in to have mine done £8 in Asdax

hi i got my jab no side effects apart from a sore arm they were fully booked but fitted me in on a cancellation but if not were gonna order one on prescription for me to have as high priority. Im a little dissapointed with mw and docs who wouldnt advise me when I asked at 28 weeks about this. But better late than never. I certainly have more peace of mind now. xx

ive been thinking over night rang docs and got jab this morning at 0900!! feel much better for having had it as was starting to fret a bit, better safe and all that xx

Those of you who have had the jab, does it make you feel bad at all? Citygirl mentioned a sore arm ... If thats all it'll be i'm fine with that! X

It's not even that sore, only if you press it just like any injection. Trust me, it's easy and well worth it.

Btw the sooner u get it the better so it's well established by the time the swine flu is doing the rounds again. I got mine at 12 weeks and I haven't even got a normal flu this year despite everyone around me having it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back