Flick

Thankyou for thinking of me at this time ..... it's hard, very hard (I am not coping too well :( ) One moment I am OK and the next I am in floods of tears.

I know I am not alone though and every time I log on to this forum my heart goes out to that unlucky person who is going to that awful place that both you and I are in. :cry:

I know I will never be blessed with a child as it would just be too dangerous to my health, it would mean a major operation and the risks are too great given my age, medical condition etc. but it is difficult to get my head round the fact :think:

How are you ROM? How are you coping? My thoughts are with you :hug: :hug:

Ah Flick, I am so sorry to hear that.

I remember you replying to my earlier posts. You and Sharne comforted me a lot. Sorry I can not do more for you, just to send you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for your good wishes ladies, it is really good to know you are all here for me. I have to focus on what I have got and not what I have lost (but never forgotten :D )

My DH says he can cope with the loss but coping with me is another matter :rotfl:

I know what you mean about your OH Flick - Dave just gets on with it - he is trying hard to understand me I think but as he's not the one going through the physical pain and bleeding its so hard for them.

I suppose it takes time - have you decided against the operation then? There are a few posts on FF about the same thing you have - I had never heard of it before.

I have another scan on the 8th Jan - it is after this that they will decide whether I need surgery to remove what is left - if they do operate they have prepared us that I will have to have my uterus removed they think.... I no it doesnt sound rational but although I am terrified to go through what we have been again I'm not ready to say never yet and if that is the outcome it is so final..... :( I'm up on minute and down the next and it being Christmas seems to make it so much worse but we have decided we are going to spend New Years Eve at a friends house, just about 15 of us so it will be quiet compared to what we usually do and I feel much better about that - Cant get my head around welcoming in a new year with so much of this years crap unresolved!!

Be kind and gentle with yourself Flick I never forget there are lots of people out there thinking about you x x x x

I don't think there is anything I could say that would comfort you, but I just want you to know that I am thinking of you :hug:

reallyoldmum said:
I know what you mean about your OH Flick - Dave just gets on with it - he is trying hard to understand me I think but as he's not the one going through the physical pain and bleeding its so hard for them.

I suppose it takes time - have you decided against the operation then? There are a few posts on FF about the same thing you have - I had never heard of it before.

I have another scan on the 8th Jan - it is after this that they will decide whether I need surgery to remove what is left - if they do operate they have prepared us that I will have to have my uterus removed they think.... I no it doesnt sound rational but although I am terrified to go through what we have been again I'm not ready to say never yet and if that is the outcome it is so final..... :( I'm up on minute and down the next and it being Christmas seems to make it so much worse but we have decided we are going to spend New Years Eve at a friends house, just about 15 of us so it will be quiet compared to what we usually do and I feel much better about that - Cant get my head around welcoming in a new year with so much of this years crap unresolved!!

Be kind and gentle with yourself Flick I never forget there are lots of people out there thinking about you x x x x

To be honest, I have been too upset both at home and in the hospital to take in what was being said to me about the operation etc. :think: but for what my DH said when he talked to the doctors the outlook is pretty bleak even if they could repair my womb - like you, I'm terrified of saying "that's it" :|

Oh, to be 10 years younger :rotfl:

I know what you mean about having a lot to take in at the moment. I have made an appointment with my GP, the one that I like and trust for the 9th January - the day after our next scan - I am taking a list of questions and am not leaving until I get some answers as to why they didnt pick up something sooner when I was telling them something was not right......

I know your situation is different but perhaps you could make an appointment to just see exactly what the surgery is etc. I read on FF of one lady who said that her womb had a layer of muscle through it and she had that removed but she callled it seperate uterus - from what she said the reason it was difficult to carry a baby to full term is that it was hard to implant into muscle????

Anyway its early days yet to make big decisions - at least thats how I feel - be gentle with yourself :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back