fitness after c section

Sera-tonin

Reaction score
i had a c section 7 weeks ago and i am anxious to start my fitness routine again. when can i start exercising? i have heard everything from 6 weeks to 10 weeks...

yeah I had mine 8 weeks ago I have my check at the doctors on Friday and hoping to get back to the gym, but I have a horrendous cough just now and that is so painful so not sure if exercise is going to be painfull too??

I would say it really depends on you, how you feel now , and what level of exersize you did before surgery.

I used to be really fit and play ice hockey for england and local team, and after my kids I went back after just 3 weeks , and 6 weeks twice (coach wouldnt let me!). The first time I was very tired but no pain The other times really quite ready. This time I know I will be longer ,as already much more pain than before, and nice that I'm in no hurry.

Take it at your own pace and be guided by your body and enjoy your fitness

yeah JJ I agree I think that your body tells you when its ready

I wasnt allowed to go to yoga until I was 12 weeks post c-section and they werent keen on letting me get an induction at the gym at 11 weeks but I just said it was fine and said my doctor had cleared it. Personally Im glad I waited until 11/12 weeks post op as I just dont think my body was ready. Its only very recently I have started doing very light sit ups. I dont want to damage myseld in anyway by over doing it. I did go on a power plate machine around 14 weeks post section and oh my it hurt :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back