First period after c section (poss TMI)

Tracey S

Reaction score
I bled for about 3 weeks after my c section and last thursday I came on again. It was ok until Monday when I began to bleed a lot and passed a really large clot. It tailed off again yesterday, but when I got up in the night to feed George the sheets had blood on them and my pad was full and had leaked everywhere, (I had put a fresh one on when I went to bed around midnight.)

Its not as bad today but I can feel the blood 'dripping' onto my pad. I was wondering if this is normal after a c section. My other 2 kids were born so long ago that I cant remember. This is nothing like my normal periods which are quite light and last about 5 days. it will be a week tomorrow and its usually all over by then.

Tracey xx

I really think you need to discuss with the middy, I only bleed properly for about a couple of days but not like that,,,

:hug:

Hiya just wanted to say I came on a couple oif days ago, ie first period since having Hayden and its heavy like you described, no clots though :O( Periods are rubbish :cry:

I thought it was improving yesterday, but as I had made the appointment I went to the doctors anyway. He said that it was quite normal for a first period and he was reluctant to give me anything to stop the bleeding at this stage. He told me to leave it over the weekend and see what happens. But last night and today it has become quite heavy again.

I will see how It is on Monday and if its not tailed off I am going to go back to the doctors.

These periods are quite a shock after almost a year of nothing!!! :lol:

I had exactly the same and am sorry to say my second period has been just as bad, before Macey i would have very light bleeding for 3 days,

The first period i literally filled a pad as soon as i stood up it was scary! i could feel it pouring out! and loads of clots too i could hear them sploshing in the toilet :puke:

The second period was much the same but only lasted two days and then went back to normal,

No surprise my blood tests showed i was still anaemic!

I am back on the pill now so hoping the next one isnt going to be so bad,

If you feel dizzy at all then i would go back to the docs

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27