First TTC hospital appointment!

Nemi

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I (finally) have my first ttc hospital appointment coming up, after getting referred by my GP.

I am feeling totally unprepared and quite anxious.

Other than the obvious such as length of cycles and when we DTD etc. Is there anything I need to tell them? or questions I should ask?

Exciting times! On our first hospital app it was mainly paperwork. We had to answer loads of questions about all sorts of things including criminal convictions, previous pregnancies/children/mcs, general health, family health, history of any problems etc. We had already had to have bloods and an ultrasound scan for me before referral, then they saw the results and requested further bloods and scans as well as hsg for me and two SAs for my oh. We were also told about several ttc related things, sexual health, diet etc. Then we had to go away and have all the extra tests done before being booked to see the consultant. Good luck :)

Mine was similar to Snowbee's, although we did all that with the consultant. Discussed menstrual cycles, previous pregnancies (or lack of), the blood tests we'd already had done, completed paperwork and had a scan that showed cysts. He said for me to have a hycosy to check my tubes and treatment would probably be IUI then IVF. He also arranged another SA.

I'd ask what you are entitled to on the NHS as I didn't know unless this month that we could have two frozen cycles. Most other questions will come later on i guess, as you'd want to know if they have any idea of what's causing the issue. Xx

Thanks ladies.

I'm happy that I am doing something productive, been felling a little useless.

Will keep you updated on progress

I had my appointment today and am feeling much better.

I'm getting booked in for bloods later this cycle and will have a scan next cycle.

Fingers crossed things will get moving now!

Yay, glad you're feeling better :) xx things move fast from here! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back