First Appointment - Anyone under Southend Hospital??

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Hi girls

So I have my first appointment on 13th December and i dont know what to expect?? I have had the first tests done privately ie bloods and scan and AMH level, and my husband has had his sperms sample done and results (NHS and private). I guess I should take them with me?? I have not had a HSG yet but i know my GP has sent her all of my private results which were fine. Sperm test was fine. Neither of us have any children and I have never been pregnant and hubby has never got anyone else pregnant.

Also how come the appointment is only for me and not hubby as well??

Finally, is there any girls here having treatment at Southend??

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Love Gizzy xx :oooo:

Ps cannot beleive I have the first app... i really wish we had got the ball rolling on this sooner now as we have been TTC for nearly 2.5 years.

PPS have a lovely weekend ladies xxx

anyone???? ... even if to tell me what to expect at First appointment?? why just me and not hubby??

Thanks

Gizzy xxx

my appointment said to bring hubby. I'd take him with you anyway if I were you, if he's not needed he can sit it out, but if he is then at least he's there.

One thing I've learned on here is that timescales are different all over the country and also depend on whether they've found a reason for why you've not conceived so it's not really a question that's very difficult to answer. However, when I had my first fertility consultation I asked about timescales and they were quite happy to give us an idea.

Our first appointment was to go through background and look at what happens next. We have a sperm issue so it's clear what's next. The nurse gave us loads of tests to do and sent us on our way to come back 3 months later. We've booked all the tests ourselves, just got referral from them.

I hope that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back