First Smile?! Or Wind..?

AngelCookie23

Reaction score
Last night I was leaning over the moses basket pulling all sorts of faces at Andrew and smiling so much my cheeks hurt then all of a sudden he smiled back! I wasn't sure if it was wind but then he did it again and after playing with him some more a few more times!

I tried it this morning and he did it again! I was so excited I told OH who hasn't seen it yet and he said it was wind...now I'm doubting if it was a smile! But I haven't seen him smile with wind in weeks.

Andrew is 7 weeks on Saturday and it happened about an hour after feeding.
How can you tell the difference between wind and a real smile?? I'll feel like an idiot if I got all excited and it was just wind lol! xx

Sounds like he was defo smiling at his mummy :yay:

He's the right age for smiling now too. It's so amazing, it makes your heart melt. Wait til he's laughing too :love:

xxxxx

Yep, i'd say he was smiling too! Babies tend to do their windy smiles when sleeping and 6 weeks is around average for them to start smiling!

Id say smiling... Alex has been smiling since 3 weeks.. it was proper smiling but when you tell people they always laugh and say ohh its only wind .. i ca tell the difference and im sure you can too.. hes the right age and it sound like daddys just jealous you got he first smile lol enjoy many more too come x

Thank you everyone, you were all right! They are defo smiles! It's so cute and makes me so happy. :) When will he start laughing? xx

Ahh brilliant news - Devon smiled at 9 weeks, but laughed aloud at about 10 weeks, but didn't do it again till about 4 months I think, now it's gorgous to have him laugh when you run up doing a silly dance etc.... make sure you can video on camera the sound to keep!!

i hate it when people burst your bubble and say "oh it's just wind" i say a smile is a smile no matter what the reason :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back