First Scan - Just A Quick Q

iWitch

Reaction score
How long should I expect the appt to last? It's a scan and I see midwife, right?

Thankies xx

No I didnt see midwife for mine. I had scan then went for bloods as wanted ds testing and that was that. About 20 mins for scan id say x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

No midwife with mine, just a scan, which lasted about 10 minutes, if that.

I didn't have a midwife there either. Our appointment lasted about 30 mins, could have been slightly longer as my little one wouldn't stay still long enough for the NT measurement to be taken. I was then about 10 mins having blood etc... All in all with waiting around we were about 50 mins.
Good luck with it, it's so exciting! X

I saw the midwife after mine! Think it depends what area you are in. The unit was really busy so we were there for nearly 3 hours! X

I saw the midwife after mine! Think it depends what area you are in. The unit was really busy so we were there for nearly 3 hours! X

Bloody hell! 3 hours?! I know my friend saw midwife at hers but she is under a diff pct. I had bloods taken at my 1st midwife appt and she said I'd get the results at the hosp with the midwife there so I assumed I would be seeing one...

Looks like you've all had different experiences! xx

At the epu a nurse greeted us and we got registered, waited around for 30 minutes and I was in scan for five minutes maximum x

Yeh we was there ages! Had to wait an hour to be scanned as they was running late. Was in there for 10 minutes being scanned and then another long wait to see midwife who went through my blood results etc with me. We were there that long oh had to leave me and go back to work, don't know if its like that there all the time or they were just having a busy day! X

I've been for an ultrasound before but it was first thing in morning (first appt) but didn't know if a baby scan is different xx

I think it depends where you live - for my early one, I saw a midwife before and after the scan, and I'm assuming its going to be the same with this next one as I was also told the midwife at the hospital would give me my last blood results xx

You'd think it would be the same everywhere in UK really but that would be too simple! I haven't had my letter yet. My booking appt was last week so hoping to have it early this week xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back