1st docs appt

clairem1980

Reaction score
Had 1st appt with the doc today. Very brief but pleasant. Lots of congratulations etc.

He asked me to book an appt with the midwife to get an early scan to check dates so I went to the front desk - the next appt available is the 21st of September - three weeks away. Argh!

Asked if it's normal to wait that long - apparently the midwife is on holiday and she only works a Tuesday as it is!

Hoping to get a quick scan date after I've seen her.

Really unsure of dates - might be 20 dpo or perhaps 45 dpo. Argh.

OH and I decided to tell our families now as another three week wait is just too long to keep it to ourselves!

Hey, and welcome!

I only had my 1st doctors appt last week, and seeing my midwife - although I will only be bout 5 and a half weeks pregnant, so think im probably a bit early in seeing her, but never mind eh! My midwife only works Thursdays as well - am slightly confused bout the whole midwife thing, I take it the rest of the time they are at the maternity unit then?

Is there a reason why you may need an early scan, or will it be just for dates? I would love one straight away, but dont think I will get one, lol!

Still keeping ours a lil bit of a secret - well, apart from all my friends, all my workmates and bosses (I had to inform them due to my job) and my dad, who works in the same job as me, so wud be likely to find out! How exciting telling all your famillies though - cant wait to do that properly...

Dont worry, 3 weeks may seem long, but im sure it will fly by xxxx

I'm sure it will fly by and I think I'm only five weeks (since last period) so three weeks actually so another three won't hurt! I just want to rush the whole thing through.

Currently trying to tell my parents. Have positive preg test ready on Playstation Eye Camera so I can show them.......I've called their house and both mobiles - nothing. Got my sister to run over as she lives over the road from them - they've gone out.

Honestly - my parents never go out! Never!

dont worry you usually dont need to see the midwife till between 8-10 weeks then they will book u in for scan! IT WILL FLY BY ANYWAY ALL THE EXCITEMENT OF TELLING EVERY1, LUCKY ONLY MY OH KNOWS AND IM KEEPING STUM UNTILL 12 WEEKS AS PROMISED! AS IM DUE FOR PROMOTION!

Ha, cant believe they have gone out

Actually, I lie, I told my dad today - purely as he works in the same job as me, and I had to inform my work, so I didnt want someone breaking the news to him before I did! But my dad is a very practical, factual person, rather than emotional, so I now I could tell him, and not carried away with the emotion of it all, lol!
Ooooh, so exciting...
3 weeks will fly by, ive only known 9-10 days, and even that has gone quickly. I think coz so much happens each week when you are pregnant, and so much develops and changes each week, each week is like a min-milestone - well, for me anyway, I tend to panic bout every little twinge and cramp!
Aww, are they back yet????

Sorry for the delay - parents finally got back last night at 9. Got them on the Playstation Camera under the pretence that we had bought a new TV!
Laid the positive test in front of the camera so it's the only thing they could see. Took Dad about thirty seconds to go 'ahhhh!'.

Meanwhile, Mum on the phone to her sister whilst looking at the TV and says 'Ooh I think Claire is showing us her new remote control'. Nope, guess again. What did she guess?

I told her I wasn't going to give a demo, so my Mother guessed.........is it a vibrator????

Yes - really!

They were both very pleased though :)

Also went to the in-laws to tell them........they had gone to the cinema!!

Talk about an anti-climax :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back