When did you all have your first appt with midwife?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by SarahH, Nov 7, 2005.

1. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

Hi all!!

Just a quick question - when did you first see your midwife? I have been told by my doctor to call for an appt with midwife for my 8th week. I've been speaking to some of my friends and they all saw the midwife long before that? Don't know what I should do? Do I wait and do what I was adviced or do I call now and get an appt?

Help!!!!

S. xx

2. Guest

My GP said to get and appt when I was near 12 weeks, but the midwife wanted to see me before then and I saw him (I had a male midwife to start off with) when I was 6+5 PG. I'd give the midwife a bell and see what she says x

3. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

I first saw my GP at 7 weeks, then my first midwife appointment was at 13weeks 4 days. I think it differs around the country, but if I were you I would give your midwife a ring as it is amazing how things like this can really stress you out!!!
    Good Luck xxx

4. tina78

tina78 Member

I've got my first appointment with the midwife on Nov 24th, when im 11 weeks gone so i really think it depends on your area and how many midwives there are to go round! xxx