First Pregnancy!

YazminaBambino

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I am now 7 weeks & 4 days along. Go me! Initially I was so apprehensive about every cramp or pain I'd felt but now I'm trying to take this pregnancy in my stride as I've come to realise I've got a hell of a way to go! Plus, I'm driving my partner mad!! Just to ask, what should I expect at my first appointment with the midwife? Just a week or so left now!

All the best to you all.

Congratulations! xx
I know the feeling of apprehension well, it's my first pregnancy too.
Your mw appointment will probably take about an hour.
She/he will explain bloodtests that are available and probably take them if you are in agreement.
Height, weight, blood pressure and ask loads of health questions bout you, the father and family history.
They will probably give you info pack to read as well.
Hope all goes well!

congratulations and welcome :)

my first appointment with a mw was very similar to what twilly described :) Only thing I can add - at this appointment you can apply to get a card that entitles you to free prescriptions and dental treatment. That's quite useful.

Oh yeah, lol.
Still need to fill mine in.
Havent been to the dentist in ages, need to find one now lol

Congrats and welcome. Im worrying myself sick every single day. I dont have my MW appt till 14th April but am determined I will be ok :) I have my pack already, its massive and full of leaflets and info.

Thank you both for the replies and congratulations too.

I've already had an early transvaginal scan which I found extremely uncomfortable but it felt so good to see the little HB on the screen. Thank you for the insight into the scheduled appointment I have. As I'm a student in my final year the free prescriptions will be great for me, student loan doesn't get my very far these days! lol.

All the best to you lovlies.

X

Cherrybinky,

I have mine on April 11th. I shall be sure to inform you the practices. I feel so naieve as I overreact all the time and was told my a member of the OG team to RELAXXX!! All I've been taught in regards to pregnancy is what I remeber from GCSE Child Development, my mind doesn't date back that far! LOL

Congratulations to you too lovely!

YazminaBambino hey I'm in my final year at uni too! :)

just wondering - are you gonna be applying for jobs? Most students do, but I'm not sure there is much point.

xx

I'm finding my dissertation so stressful to do as I lack so much motivation with only four weeks left! I've decided to do some voluntary work once or twice a week in order to add to my CV once I decide to apply for a full-time job but as for work, my partners insisted I wait. What do you study?

:) xx

YazminaBambino I'm doing an IT course. What about you? And I do feel the same way about dissertation - I so can't be bothered! I only have babies on my mind now lol xx

Congratulations! Welcome to the forums! I've not got my midwife app til 13 weeks! Must do things differently up here! I'm due to go back to uni after a year out in aug for my masters, how I'll juggle that with a baby I'm not sure!

Sarah13 oh how strange! how are you supposed to get a 12w scan organised then?? (I know you don't need yours now though - congratulations on your scan again :) )

I'm studying BA Youth Justice & all I can think of is babies too. I meant to be writing up a literature review but seem to fall into deep discussion in these forums!

Good luck to you all & all the best with you degrees i.love and Sarah!!! :)

Xxxx

Sarah13, whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm in Scotland and got first midwidfe apt at 10ish weeks. They were super busy though so maybe thats the earliest they could get you in. Do yuo have scan booked?

Oh my word the midwife takes your weight??? Hope she has cattle scales for me. I will hop on and it will say "one person at a time please".

Sarah13, whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm in Scotland and got first midwidfe apt at 10ish weeks. They were super busy though so maybe thats the earliest they could get you in. Do yuo have scan booked?

I'm in dundee, I've got my 12 week scan before my booking in appointment! This is my second child, although feels like my first as she's 14, so maybe that's why I'm being left till then. I'm not really worried as I have no health problems or anything, I did ring them to check this was right and they said that that's what they do here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back