First Midwife Appointment

Bee7

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm new to the forum and looking forward to sharing my experiences and chatting with you all. I'm (roughly) 6/7 weeks with my first pregnancy and at the moment i'm still in a state of shock/panic. I'm totally clueless about all of this and have my first midwife appointment next week. Just wondering what to expect really. I've heard it's mostly just blood tests, weight and a general chit chat. Does anyone have any other info?

Bee x

Hello and congrats!!! I had mine on Tues and it was exactly that. They may ask a bit about family history as well. Mine lasted an hour, and they booked my 12 week scan and 15 week midwife appointment at the same time. Good luck!!

Hi Bee7,

I had mine yesterday she took 3 blood samples to check different things, took a urine sample to check for any infections, she advised I would need to bring a sample to each visit. Took my weight and height and worked out my BMI. Filled in a booklet with all questions about my medical history and family history and discussed where I wanted have my baby, filled out a card to take the hospital maternity unit for my 12 week dating scan,which she was taking today and said I would receive my appointment date next week. Going away on tuesday and so eager to know so going to get my sister to open my mail and text me!
To be honest I was a little disappointed as I was excited but it really isn't that big a deal but is good knowing that we have now got the ball rolling.
I would write down any questions when you think of them as I was thinking of questions after I left! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back