First midwife appointment

peanut1982

Reaction score
Hi folks, hope you're all well and had a good easter! Must be the first easter I've never had any chocolate, just completely lost the taste for it!

I have my first midwife appointment this afternoon and just wondered what to expect? Will she do anything to confirm the pregnancy? Feel my stomach or have a listen :roll: Despite 6 bfp home tests a couple of weeks ago I still can't believe it's real!

S x

This will be your booking in appointment. Paperwork to fill in, she'll ask some medical questions, straightforward ones, take your BP, weigh you, give you a urine bottle and ask you to bring a sample next time (and every time after that), have a bit of a chat with you and thats about it. She'll probably work out your EDD if its not been done already also. And then work out when you book your dating scan for.

Nothing exciting really. They don't feel your stomach or listen for ages yet. Usually once you get to 16 weeks as until there there is nothing for them to really go on.

Its your chance to meet her, get given your PG pack and notes and ask any questions you have right now. If you don't understand something or are not sure, don't leave until its explained so you do. Nothing worse than coming out of the MW's panicking as you've not understood something.

Thanks Sherlock, going by last period I must be about 11 weeks so hope they send me for a scan soon! Gagging for some confirmation that there is really a little person in there as I feel so normal besides the loss of taste for chocolate - long may it last I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back