first period after c-section - please help

roxane 1985

Reaction score
i had my second child 8 weeks ago by c-section, i am having my first period and i was wondering is it normal for it to be so heavy.

i know when i had a vaginal birth the bleeding after was really heavy for weeks which you expect and then my first period was normal.

normally if i wanted to be a tramp the most i would have to change is twice a day as it was so light, but now ive been on for three days so far and its not getting any lighter, i must have changed coming on for tentimes today now each one practically soaked through. is this right?

My first one after lo was crazy heavy. It was after a section and 8 weeks so the same as you :) I'd say if it lasts for over a week and still really heavy just book to see your gp but it sounds normal to me. Mine are usually really light as well and only last about 3 days so it was a bit of a shock to the system!

Oh yes!! Had 3 sections and always the first period is horrendous for me! It will get lighter, I usually have a few days of very very heavy bleeding soaking through to clothes the lot and then it just sort of stopped as quick as it started. Although this time it's been even worse after the 3rd one, I've had lots of clots too :/

If it doesn't improve in a couple of days I'd call the doc. Are you feeling very tired alot? If you start feeling light headed an faint then I would def see someone xxx

Oh forgot to add - after my first c section when I got my first period I went to a&e it was that bad! I didn't realise it was my AF though as I'd been bleeding on an off for 5 weeks, stopped for a week then week 6 it was just so heavy I though I was heamorraging or something. I was soaking maternity pads within the hour sometimes more! After my second one I had to rush home on Christmas eve whilst I was out shopping as I had soaked through my clothes, luckily I was wearing black so didn't draw attention to myself! I've been practically sitting on the loo non stop this time around :(

thanks girl, mine has all of a sudden stopped, it went heavy at moms so i changed clothes, she popped to shops to get more towels n then it practically stopped

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back