First movements

lmwarr

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what it feels like when you first feel baby move. I know at this stage you can see the movement but have been having strange feelings and wanted to know how everyone else describes the first movements or if i have wind or something!

Hi there..

I am curious too.. this weekend I felt as if I had bubbles in my tummy.. bit like tummy rumblings but not because you are hungry. I think this was Bod moving and then I had a couple of light "pops" in my tummy like a bubble bursting.. all very light and hardly noticeable but I hope these are the first signs.. :dance: :dance:

Many say it is like wind... so its likely you are feeling something from your LO!! :)

It's like butterflies in your tummy. Little flutterings, or like bubbles popping. Although, my first movement off this one was a real kick, I was dozing on the sofa and it woke me up!!! :shock:

I can't feel anything if I put my hand to my tummy, but can definitely tell it's movement inside. I first felt it when I was 14+4, which is early, but this is my second and they do say you notice it earlier.

You are very lucky if you are feeling movement this early with your first, some women don't get anything until about 22 weeks!! :shock: I felt the first movement at about 18 weeks with my daughter.

Enjoy these little flutterings while you have them, you'll be screaming in a few months when you get a kick in the ribs!!!! :lol: :lol:

I really want to be feeling something im so impatient. You are 20 weeks I hoped that i would be feeling a lot by then! I really need to start being patient but I doubt that will ever happen lol!

at first the movements are soooo cute and little prods here and there and then you get the real kicks :shock: it's like a big drum going off next to you and the vibrations going right through your body!! It's sooo scary at first but funny!!

S. xx

it feels like butterflys till the baby gets older and starts to kick u in the ribs lol, anna marie wen u get o be 20 weeks lol

Anna Marie

Your description is exactly the feelings I get and I know it is my little girl moving about. Last night was the first time I felt it externally. I have for the past couple of weeks noticing when she has her head low down as it sort of pops out and goes hard by my pelvic bone - if that makes sense.

When I use my doppler [every night before I go to sleep!] I can feel much more as I can hear when Bod is moving so I can associate the weird sensations and vibrations with the noises coming through the doppler.. last night I even felt the tip of the doppler move as Bod did so maybe that was a kick.. ?

I too am impatient.. I cannot wait to feel it all properly.. will feel so much more REAL!! :dance:

I think I have felt some slight movement the last week or so.

It feels like going over a hump back bridge when your tummy turns over, or just like a really nervous stomach feeling!?

It's SO slight sometimes I think i'm imagining it, and like you Imwarr, I'm impatient and can't wait to feel a proper kick!

I agree with tankett with the feeling also like when your driving down a really steep hill and you feel your tummy roll over that's another way it could be described. It is possible that you are feeling it this early some women are much more intuitive with their bodies. I've been able to feel this one move since I was about 11wks but that's because it is my 5th and I was extremely dehydrated!! With my first I was much further along probably between 16-18wks but I was much younger and I was so NOT in tuned with my body but it was earlier and earlier with each one. So congrats to you if it is in fact your LO moving and it only gets better!! Then once you are as far as I am right now you'll be begging for him/her to calm down for 5mins!!!! LOL :pray:

xoxo Ree

It definitely sounds like you girls have been feeling your babies move.

At about 16 weeks I thought i could feel baby - It was like light popping...By 19 weeks I knew I could feel baby as the popping sensation was much more pronounced. After than it felt like going over a bridge or really high on a swing, you know when your tummy turns over?
After that the popping becomes most definite kicks/ punches!

Its just lovely, reading this brings it back...you forget how amazing it all is.... enjoy every moment!

I've never heard the description of the hump-backed bridge, but that is so good. that's exactly what it feels like.

My baby keeps moving against the inside of my belly button, and it's not exactly nice! :? It's a very wierd feeling.....

Hmmm the bridge thing sounds interesting.. not sure if I have had that sensation or not but last night I definitely felt a bit of a mini kick... whilst using the doppler I felt a pop against my skin from inside to the right of where the doppler was ... maybe Bod is trying to tell me that he wanted to be left alone to sleep.. so I put the doppler away and all went quiet and peaceful again.. :angel: :angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back