first movements

Lisa_85

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I was just wanting some personal advice/opinions.

I thought i felt movements a couple of weeks ago (little taps) but i convinced myself they were wind and im glad because ive not felt any taps, flutters or anything else i know its normal because im only 16weeks but it just seems everyone else is having movement and im just curious what to expect and when to expect it?

I know crumpet is fine as i saw him on a scan yesterday and his arms were moving no problems he had his legs in a funny position and just wriggled them a little, it was weird that i saw him move and knew where he was but couldnt feel anything at all.

Lisa xx

i felt little bubbles at 16 weeks but nothing more
im sure i felt a really strong kick last week but now shes back to little movements i was worried about this myself as im 18 weeks with baby no 2 but it all seems normal huny
is this your first??

Yea its my first baby, i just thought i would feel a kick at about 18 weeks so i should of felt some 'flutters' before that

x

im pretty sure its normal, i cant remeber feeling my first untill after my 20 week scan if baby is kicking and prodding into your back or the placenta you wont feel alot at all x x

give it a few more weeks hun im only just starting to get movements everyday, best thing i did was buy a doppler so reassuring, i know some girls dont recommened them as they can make you worry more but i have always been able to find the HB and its just good to check in every other day and make sure he/she is okay until i feel proper kicks xx

I didn't feel anything until I was about 20 weeks so I wouldn't worry, everyone is different

thanks girls i feel better, i think i was just worried that i should of felt something by now, im wishing the weeks away til i feel some movement which i know ill regret lol as so many people say tri 2 flys over anyway.
Do you know how long roughly it takes from the mother feeling the kicks to the daddy feeling them on the tummy? My BF is dyig to feel the baby but ive said it could be a while yet.

xx

I have no idea, we haven't felt them on the outside yet and I can't wait till w ecan so OH can feel more a part of it!

Hi, I'm pregnant with my first one and I started to feel my baby constantly from week 17. I will be 19weeks on Friday and feel my baby few times a day every day since then. Sometimes more sometimes less. It feels like big bubble keeps popping in my tummy. But for the last few days those pops got stronger nowthey feel so different it's more like movement or kick (it's hard to say as i never been pregnant before).They feel strong from inside but if i put my hand on the tummy i can't feel them, but hopefully I will soon as would be nice that my husband could feel LO too.:))) he can't wait for that moment:)))

Hope all of you start getting those lovely feelings soon!!!!! All the best!!!

ive tried a few things that i though would get the baby to make some sort of movement i could feel......
Em ive drank ice cold water, tried a power walk, relaxed in a bath, just lay in a quiet room and concentrated, i even read crumpet a bedtime story which play twinkle twinkle at the end....(i know they cant hear yet but it arrived early and i though what the hell lol) and nothin no pops flutters or anything :( its just a matter of time i suppose.

What was the first big movement like? was it really noticable that its the baby? i dont think ill believe its the baby until i see a foot sticking out so i could be waiting a long time haha

xx

when i get a movement now i think ooo that was baba but then i convince myself it wasnt, even though i can now tell the difference between that and wind i still convince myself it is wind or my tummy rumbling!
the only way i can describe it is as a poke from the inside lol or like a shifting movement if its wriggling around. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back