first midwife appointment

cherylcusack

Reaction score
hello

ive finally booked my midwife appointment, after getting so much grief of everyone to do it. anyway im 16 weeks so how often do i have to see her after that one.

im just not keen on midwives they always want to take blood :lol:

ive heard there is a male on floating about this area, hope i get him.

down here its every 4 weeks untill you get to 32 weeks then its every 2 weeks.
manda xx

Have you not seen a MW at all yet? :shock:

The "male" floating about is mine by the way :)

Debbie :shock: :rotfl:

Can't believe you haven't seen a midwife yet! Know what you mean about blood but mine was ace with me (I'm petrified of injections) and took everything in one go. Which was difficult but at least it's over for a bit.

On a related note, do I have to give more blood for testing later? When?

laughing........yes i meant male midwife.

i went to epu for a scan at 6 weeks but havent seen a midwife since, i just know on friday it will be "we need to take some blood" then when i next go "we shall take some blood" and so on.

evn though i dont have the tests it will be "we need to take some blood" :lol:

i wasnt going to go until after my twenty week scan but everyone keeps telling me off so for a quiet life.

you need to go hun because you should have had the triple blood test at 15 weeks(if you decide to have it)

That's what tiredness does to you. I read male on around this area and thought of Matt. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: [/b]

thats what pregnancy does to me i cant spell one.

i dont have the tests anyway so thats why its not important to me when i see my midwife.

It makes no difference whether your having the triple test or not. What about you? The blood tests check for loads of things including iron levels, blood count, immunity to rubella, all sorts. Have the bloods done, they are important!! It's just one sharp scratch and its all over. I'd rather have a blood test than use my hair straighteners, I'm always terrifed I'm gonna burn my neck!!t

they took some blood at 6 weeks, with my first they didnt get blood at all till i was in labour then they were like vampires.

its not the needle its the getting the veins up that makes me sick, and my veins are rubbish.

ive not had blood taken at my 16 or 25 week appointment ! had them taken at other random ones tho :roll:

debecca said:
Debbie :shock: :rotfl:

Can't believe you haven't seen a midwife yet! Know what you mean about blood but mine was ace with me (I'm petrified of injections) and took everything in one go. Which was difficult but at least it's over for a bit.

On a related note, do I have to give more blood for testing later? When?

i had blood taken at 10 wks (booking app), then have to have it taken nxt time (28 wks), which is when they check your iron levels etc. Although it is diff everywhere!

im 14 weeks and havent seen a midwife yet, i have my appt booked for in a couple of weeks time so will be 16 wks by the time she see's me

BeckyJ said:
im 14 weeks and havent seen a midwife yet, i have my appt booked for in a couple of weeks time so will be 16 wks by the time she see's me

Yeah I was the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back