first midwife appointment tomorrow...

lauralala

Reaction score
and I'm excited but nervous because I totally don't know what to expect, will i have to take a urine sample, will i hear the babies heart beats, will I be expected to tell her were i want top have my babies and how? my OH has children, but when i asked him he said 'I cant remember... typical lol

At my 1st midwife appointment, they just filled my notes out and go through medical history etc... they also booked me in for my bloods, i didnt get to hear babys heartbeat as i was only 5+3 when i went.. i think its to early to listen at moment, i think! xx

They usually just do your paper work, check your BP, and get you booked in for bloods and scans.

They dont usually listen to the heartbeat until the 16 week appointment :)

at my first one she just asked me alot of questions about mine and dh's medical history. She went through alot of information about the different stages and what to expect and she gave me alot of information to take home and read. She also took my bloods there and then and because we had spare time she tried to hear the heart beat. i think its depends alot on where ur based and who you get, but its nothing to worry about!

good luck, let us know you it goes!

xo

Im the same i have mine in a week on wednesday. I have to take a urine sample with me but thats all i know.

Good luck im sure it will be fine xxx

despite telling the doctors receptionist that it was my booking in appointment they only booked me a ten minutes slot... how rude so im back next Monday. the midwife seems lovely and really put me at ease about what's happened and is happening at the mo and has assured me everything will be fine tomorrow fingers crossed, i'll keep you all updated

My doctors messed me about last week, they sent me to the hospital because the surgery had flooded. I came out of work early to be told i had to see my own doctor before a midwife, why book me an appointment then! gggrrr! I dont think there bothered until you have a visible bump! My rant over,
Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back