First Midwife appointment at 10 weeks????

Candygirl

Reaction score
Is this the norm?

The doctor didnt do a test or take blood he just said that I need to book my first midwife app for week 10 and then gave me a form to hand in at the hospital for my first scan at week 12!

My appointment is on 23rd August and time is dragging!

Anyone else also only got a midwife app at 10 weeks?

had to make mine between 8 and 12 , no mention of forms to take tho and i dont get a 12 week scan.

I get to see mine on friday - guess it varies from county to county

Hi candygirl,
I didnt get my midwife appointment till exactly 10 weeks. She told me to go to the hospital and hand in form and get my bloods done so i went at 10 weeks +4 It felt like an eternity waiting for that appointment.
I am still waiting for a scan date though :( I will be happy once i see the baby happy and healthy around 12 weeks can start enjoying this pregnancy

Good luck for your appointment in Aug

I've got my first midwife app at 9wks, apparently they book my 12 wk scan then. I think the reason is that they can't feel anything through your abdomen before then, or hear a heartbeat so would be a bit pointless. When i was pregnant with my little Ruby i made a midwife app for 6 wks. When i got there she told me off! Said she didn't want to see me until i was 12 wks! At least things have improved a bit in my area!

My first midwife appointment hasn't happened yet. In my area, for a first pregnancy, it's meant to happen between 11 and 15 weeks. Mine will be when I'm 15 weeks.

(PS, abbey, Please could you reduce the size of your lovely photo? It's pushing everything across and making me have to scroll more. Would be most grateful. Ta.)

i had my booking in appointment last week and my midwife told me its important to see them by 10 weeks coz thats when they do that test on the back of the babys neck.

thanks girlies.
Went to the hospital this morning to book my 12 week scan. 12th September at 9am. So excited I could pee myself :dance:

aww thats fab! I'm hoping to have mine in a couple of weeks as my last proper period was may :shock:

mine cant see me untill 10 weeks either, shes on holiday, but she said 10 weeks is fine

My booking in appointment is on 23 August too and i'll be about 13 weeks! I have a dating scan tomorrow and cant wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back