First doctors appointment

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
I have my first doctors appointment on Friday, since getting my BFP. What actually happens? I'm abit clueless, as it was so different in Spain when i had my daughter.

thanks

Amy

i posted asking this last week :lol:

i had my doc app last monday (the 14th) and she just said congratulations, worked out my due date, BP, weight and listened to my chest, she then made a booking in appointment with the midwife for the 20th Feb and gave me 2 books (ready, steady baby and a confidential record for me to fill in with the midwife)

and that was it! :cheer:

Pretty much what was said above, maybe even less.

Mine just said congrats, worked out my due date with me, told me to book in with the MW for when I was 8 weeks plus (many don't book you in before that as there is nothing really to do) and that was it.

Congrats btw :)

i went today he worked out my due date send, put a test in and wait for the mw to call.

They just work out your due date, check BP, and book your appt with midwife.

I got the ready steady baby book - but as far as I'm awear you only get that in scotland... although I might be wrong.

they'll work out your due date and refer you to your midwife and she'll contact you about 8 weeks or so to do your blood tests and book u in for a dating scan. Doc might give u a prescription for folic acid. Congratulations anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back