First doctors appointment

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by prickleyfairy, Jan 22, 2008.

1. prickleyfairy

prickleyfairy Well-Known Member

I have my first doctors appointment on Friday, since getting my BFP. What actually happens? I'm abit clueless, as it was so different in Spain when i had my daughter.

thanks

Amy

2. lillou

lillou Well-Known Member

i posted asking this last week :lol:

i had my doc app last monday (the 14th) and she just said congratulations, worked out my due date, BP, weight and listened to my chest, she then made a booking in appointment with the midwife for the 20th Feb and gave me 2 books (ready, steady baby and a confidential record for me to fill in with the midwife)

and that was it! :cheer:

3. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Pretty much what was said above, maybe even less.

Mine just said congrats, worked out my due date with me, told me to book in with the MW for when I was 8 weeks plus (many don't book you in before that as there is nothing really to do) and that was it.

Congrats btw :)

4. jemz24

jemz24 Well-Known Member

i went today he worked out my due date send, put a test in and wait for the mw to call.

5. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

They just work out your due date, check BP, and book your appt with midwife.

I got the ready steady baby book - but as far as I'm awear you only get that in scotland... although I might be wrong.

6. bowmanzoo

bowmanzoo Well-Known Member

they'll work out your due date and refer you to your midwife and she'll contact you about 8 weeks or so to do your blood tests and book u in for a dating scan. Doc might give u a prescription for folic acid. Congratulations anyway.