First consultants appointment today

timsmom

Reaction score
I am absolutley bricking it :puke: . My consultant is a tyrant and calls a spade, a spade. I expect to be told I'm too old, too fat, too high risk etc etc..... :oops:

I haven't even had a scan yet, for all I know I might not even be -pregnant now. I did one pregnancy test in August and have had so few symptoms since..who knows???????????...

I'm panicking again....calm down you silly woman....wish me luck, appointment at 1100am

:shock: Good luck, they sound frightening!!

If he is being intimidating, just try and picture him sitting there in his underwear :oops: :oops: makes people seem less scary!

Dont take no cr*p from him either - you are the mummy and you are in charge!! :moon:

Good luck :hug: :hug:

hope all went well today hun sorry i wasnt on earlier to wish you luck
if hes that bad cant you ask to see someone else?
manda xx

I'm back and still in one piece. She lulled me in to a false sense of security by giving me a hug and saying it was nice to see old friends then weighed me, tut, tutted over my BMI which isn't that bad and told me I would need to have a glucose tolerance test to see if I was developing gestational diabetes. I didn't have any of this last time, and I was fat then just not so old!!!

I have also been told in no uncertain terms that I will have to have a c section as I have an old, scarred uterus. OH MY GOD, WHY DON'T I THROW MYSELF OUT OF THE WINDOW NOW!!!!

She then smiled, said she wasn't starting me on heparin till my blood results were back in case I needed a amnio!! and said bye see you in five weeks. The midwife then took my blood pressure and sent me on my way. Do you know what I think..... :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

glad it wasn't too bad :)
I have mine next Monday, am dreading it too...your visit has made me feel a little better about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back