First baby thread

Annie050408

Reaction score
Hi there,

This is certainly not meant to exclude anyone but I was just wondering how many of us are expecting our first baby and what you are most nervous and most excited about.

I am most nervous about: her health in terms of worry about whether she is breathing all the time and whether I am feeding her properly.

I am most excited about: holding her, watching DH with her and our first Christmas as a little family.

How about you?

I am expecting my first. I am most excited about seeing his or her little face and being a family and doing all the lovely things together especially excited for my oh as he already has a daughter who was taken from him at 18months as the witch had an affair, they went to live in another city so he has been a weekend dad and I cant wait for him to be able to have what he has missed out on. I am most nervous about the unknown and how I will cope as I have no idea about babies but im making sure im reading lots and going to classes xxxx

It's my first too :)

I'm excited about seeing a little tiny person we've made grow up and have an amazing life

I'm nervous about getting the baby out of me :lol: and the unknown. It's going to be the steepest learning curve of my entire life, but I am up for the challenge!

my first!
Most exciting about: I cant wait to see him.. I cant wait to push him out and i cant wait to see Oh with him.. i cant wait to be used to having him as now it feels so unreal still.

Nervous about everything except labour now. Im nervous that i wont be no good..

i have just had my first

everything is worrying... is he breathing, is he breathing normally? is he happy, is he distressed, does he love me, is he feeding okay? is poo supposed to be that colour? will i forget him on the bus one day? will he roll down the stairs one day? does he mind the light like that? is he too hot? is he too cold?

etc etc...

Infact, if i didnt worry so much - i wonder what i would do with all my time ;)

my first too!!

Im most nervous about labour, not sure what, i just think its going to be torture!
im most excited about holding my baby for the first time. and excited about looking after LO as i love caring for things, a baby jus tops it off for me! x

My second but I felt exactly the same with my first and expect I will feel exactly the same this time as sometimes it feels like I'm doing it for the first time! Lol x sometimes get the feeling I sleep walked through my first because I don't remember half the stuff I'm being told now!!! x I'm still worried about him breathing properly, feeding properly etc but guess I kinda know what to expect! I'm so excited to have another baby though! And to start life as a family of 4!!

I am most excited about our home water birth and seeing what our baby looks like for the first time. I can't wait to see my OH reaction.

I am most nervous about having to put my foot down with the in-laws when baby is older as I don't always agree with the way they are with our niece and nephew.

Good thread!

It's my first and I'm nervous about so many things but mostly labour and coping with a tiny baby - scared that I won't know what to do!

I'm excited about meeting little one; seeing DH with the baby and introducing the baby to my nieces who are so excited and MIL as it's her first grandchild!

I'm on my first baby too:whistle: Just want to get to end of 40 weeks safely

it's my first :)
I'm excited about seeing/holding the baby for the first time,
and he or she will (only according to the due date :lol:) be born not long from my birthday or Christmas which will be a lovely little gift! :dance:

a little nervous about the labour but trying to tell myself I'll be brave!

Is my first too! :)
I can't wait to meet my baby
Im nervous about connecting with he/she though, i've heard so much about mothers not bonding :( kinda freaked me out)

My first baby too!!

I'm excited about what baby will look like, what baby is (yeam yellow) and finally holding baby!!!

I'm nervous about the labour and whether i will actually know what i'm meant to be doing when i'm home with baby!!!

It's my first too...

I'm excited about everything at the moment.

I'm worried about labour initially but then I'll be constantly checking on him/her. I hope it grows up enjoying it's childhood

My first!

I'm scared about being in the house all day every day with no-one to see or talk to other than hubby when he comes home from work. I don't think he knows how lonely I'm going to be, as I don't know anyone in London other than work people, and i'm not going to want to come into work every day!!

I'm excited about everything else. Which of us s/he's going to look like, what personality, really really excited about being the first to produce a great-grandchild on both my mother and father's side!!

I'm REALLY scared about the end of my pregnancy! There has been some confusion over my dates, I know the exact date baby was concieved and there is absolutely no physical way it was even a day earlier or later! But scan has put me at three weeks later. My midwife is wonderful and has promised to keep a really careful eye on me at the end because she believes my dates. But I keep thinking what if I go over my due date by two weeks and they won't think I'm even due for another week! That was VERY long for what was suposed to be a sentance or two, sorry!!

And excited - oh my goodness, I'm excited about everything - even the birth!! Finding out if baby is a boy or girl, what s/he looks like, cuddles, meeting our families, breastfeeding, walks wrapped up warm in the cold, christmas with my husband and my baby!! I just can't wait :D

my first too! :dance:

Im most excited about meeting the little one and seeing who s/he looks like, what character traits they have, how they'll turn out to be etc

Most nervous about getting everything right... Feel like i know next to nothing about looking after a baby and want to do the best for him/her :blush:

I am nervous and excited about everything!!

I can't wait and then I think that maybe it's not really happening and I am making it up :lol:

Ive just had my first

Was most excited about meeting her, seeing what she looked like, seeing her looking at me. All those mushy things really.

I was most nervous about how much everything would change and how I would cope.

Now shes here, I still love just staring at her, taking in what she looks like and I love it when someone else is holding her and all she wants to do is look at me :) and as bigbump said, now shes here I worry about everything, has she been sick in her mouth? Does she like her food? Is she breathing? Is she comfy? Have I made her too warm? Is she cold?....EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine yourself to worry about...Ill worry about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back