First baby question re: feeling bub move

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I know I am being impatient but I am 17 weeks tomorrow and still nowt.....

I know first babies we usually feel later? When did all your first time Mum's start to feel anything?

They did mention my placenta position during my 12 weeek scan (but I cannot for the life of me remember - if def wasn't anterior though!) but they didn't write it on my notes.

I heard HB on Friday so know bub is well - come on bub Mummy is waiting so very patiently to feel you :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Mine came on overnight about 17 or 18 weeks, went for, feeling like butterflies in my stomach to being a baby moving. Shouldn't be long! I wondered of mine was movement for ages then realised it had been for a while! Xx

Mine was just over 17 weeks I think, felt like butterflies at first then gradually got stronger xx

I've had my sister try and explain what it feels like to me (bless her) and I have had some kind of ''different' feelings recently... like swirly feelings when I go to bed but I have put it down to hunger - I am always hungry these day :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mine was around 19 weeks almost 20, so some of us unfortunately have to wait and aren't so lucky, now the boy wont stop kicking me :p

I'm impatient for this too!! I think everyone is different though and I read it can be up to 24 weeks... Fx you feel your lo soon :) xxx

24 weeks :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh well at least I only have 3 weeks until we see bub again :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

I felt butterflies for past few weeks but then it started to feel like poking and felt a proper punch or kick last week :) - OH felt what he described as a stroking of his palm when holding ma belly in bed on Tuesday - been wanting him to feel it for ages.

Also a friend told me yesterday that I shouldnt be sitting with legs crossed as its not good for baby cause thats how sumtimes cord gets round their neck so now paranoid mother here i dont know how to sit in case im hurting minion xxxxxxxx

With my first I was about 22 weeks. I probably felt them before and dismissed them xx

tapatalking!!!

I started about 18weeks I think. Hubby felt it first, then i had quite a few hellish nights sleep when baby was moving all the time. then i didnt feel anything for days, then started feeling movement again.
Now I still have the odd day when baby is quiet and doesnt seem to move, but I do feel it move most days. And it hates the position I sleep in, so I always feel it at night.

and its seems to respond more to my husband. The other night he was lying with his hand on my belly, pressing a finger in, then moving it and pressing it in again. He was laughing his head off as he said if feelsl like baby was playing with him! he kept feeling very gentle little presses against his fingers.
Then i had a go and the wee bugger stopped! haha

when he speaks to my belly to he generally gets a better response than I do. Baby must be bored of my voice.

I got my first movements at 19 weeks, and even then I had to switch off tv and really concentrate.

To me it feels just like that feeling you get in your tum just before you nearly shit yourself .. lol sorry if TMI ... but honestly its how it feels!

Once I started feeling them its become alot more frequent (usually when I'm trying to sleep)

DH still can't feel them though

Cheers ladies,

It's good to know we're all different - that just reassures me there is not "right" time and it will happen when it happens.

I was just being impatient LOL

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Did they maybe say your placenta was posterior?
I think I was about 19weeks when I proper felt baby move, and it was only when I lay really still and concentrated I would feel it... I'm 32 weeks now and still only have what I could only describe as gentle movements, wiggles. Hope you feel it soon :) x

i didnt feel anything untill about 20 weeks and even then i couldnt be sure it was def the baby.. now im 22 weeks and im starting to feel little pops and taps quite regular (i have an anterior placenta)
i was really worried to start with cos everyone was saying they could feel theirs at about 16 weeks!

xx

I felt my first from about 14 weeks!! Proper movements too! I'm thinkin this 1 my placenta is defo at the front cos I can feel movement down low but nothing higher :( and not much either! I remember my mum saying to me with my first 'it's a girl cos boys r lazy' cos it was moving that much! But he is a boy lol

Did they maybe say your placenta was posterior?
I think I was about 19weeks when I proper felt baby move, and it was only when I lay really still and concentrated I would feel it... I'm 32 weeks now and still only have what I could only describe as gentle movements, wiggles. Hope you feel it soon :) x

I am so annoyed but I cannot remember what they said about my placenta :shock:

Normally I remember all important info.... I was just too engrossed in seeing bub on screen.

There is nothing in my notes either - very annoying!

However I realise it may still be too early regardless of where my placenta is

xxxxxxxxx

I didn't feel anything definite until 20 weeks- that was the first time I was 100% sure it was bean. I didn't get told where my placenta was until my 20 week scan.

XX

I felt twitches from around 15 weeks, then I felt him thump/kick last week at 20.5 weeks. Tonight I have just felt it also from the outside :) was quite funny when I put the Doppler on the other day he thumped back when I pressed it on my belly :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back