• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

first babies

emma28

Reaction score
What size was your first baby?
You are all saying things like first size clothes don't fit and moses baskets dont last. I'm getting a bit freaked out at the idea of a mahoosive baby in there. :shock: :shock:

Jayden was 7lb 5oz. But one of hs clothes fitted him, he was so so small but quite a good weight, he used his moses for about 3 months, then i used it for nap time in the living room and used his cot in my room for night time sleep.
I loved my moses basket and would definatley reccomend one even though it doesnt last long. But I have baba number 2 coming soon so will get to use it all again!

My first was 8lb 2oz, so hope I'm not going to have a 9/10 lb baby this time. It's making my eyes water just thinking about it :?

fifi211 said:
My first was 8lb 2oz, so hope I'm not going to have a 9/10 lb baby this time. It's making my eyes water just thinking about it :?

HOLY POOP!!! I hope not Fifi.. that doesn't bode well for me :shock: .. Tia was 8lb 9oz when she was born.. but just silly, silly long.... 56cm!! :shock: I've been told I could easily go to 9lb this time round... :cry: That's gona smart a bit..

By four weeks Tia was 11lb 4oz and 59cm long...so they grow REAL quick..

Oooh Squiglet, hopefully there won't be that much increase in size, 8lb 2oz felt bad enough. My mam reckons it doesn't matter the weight they all b1oody hurt at the time!

Austin was 8lb 6oz, he was a week overdue. He was in the moses basket until 13 weeks. The newborn clothes probably only fitted for about 2 weeks, but he mostly had 0-3 months clothes anyway.

I hate to say it but I don't think having a 9lb baby is much more painful that a 7lber, the contractions are still the same and it's still a pretty big thing to get out of a pretty small gap!!! Don't worry about it, you'll cope fine when the time comes!

:rotfl: :rotfl: It's not the labour that bothers me too much, more the carrying around a 9lb bowling ball in my pelvis for a few days... :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Don't like thinking about either bit really. My memory has really dimmed since having Jamie but things seem to be coming back to me at an alarming rate, I'm scaring myself now :shock:

Evie was 7lb 2oz and 50cm/20" in length. As arule of thumb i wouldnt buy too much newborn clothes. evie had some early newborn stuff and she was in that for about a week, then her newborn she was in that for about 2 or three weeks.

So if people are buying you clothes tell them not to get you newbron stuff, or let them get your newborn stuff and dont get any yourself as its such a shame when they dont get to wear some of the stuff they get and then your packing it away :( .

nathan was 10lb 3oz so he went straight into 0-3 months and all my lovely newborn stuff has never been worn :(
he was in his moses basket for a few weeks then went in his travel cot.
just dont go too mad buying masses of stuff buy a bit of newborn a bit of 0-3, you get loads of stuff given to you anyway. :D

My first was 8lb 8oz and my second 8lb 14oz. Looking at over 9lb this time i guess!!!! :shock:

alfie said:
My first was 8lb 8oz and my second 8lb 14oz. Looking at over 9lb this time i guess!!!! :shock:

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: Please let me give birth at 38 weeks.... :pray: :pray: :pray:

Squiglet said:
alfie said:

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: Please let me give birth at 38 weeks.... :pray: :pray: :pray:

And me!!!! Or 36 !!!!!! I've been told it puts on 8oz a week from now on, that means it's probably 6lb ish already!!! I just want a little 7lb one please

alana was 8lb 8 and went straight into 0-3 as we didnt buy any new born, they were huge on her for a while though

Oh god!! that wasn't really reassuring girls, but thanks and keep them coming....
I take it next baby is usually bigger then?

I really hope I bond with my baby, Jonah was 3lb 11oz and I'm scared I'm gonna think she is monsterously big..

( oh and just in case you all think I'm really silly, I am hoping it's a bit bigger than that! 6-7lb sounds good)

:D

First baby was 6lb 9.5 oz - Second was 6lb 10oz - Newborn stuff was too big as the average weight of a Newborn in the UK is 7lb 11 oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back