Finishing Up At Work

Little Rose

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
how many weeks before your baby is due are you going to finish up at work? The norm in our company is two weeks priormbut I might work on.

Rose

I kept changing my mind about going back after Christmas (due end of January) and staying till two weeks before. Most people said I should stop at Christmas, but now I'm here, I'm glad I decided to work on - I think I'd go mad sitting around waiting! Plus, the longer I work, the more maternity leave I'll have at the other end!

It's not a very easy decision too early on, but to wait as long as your work will let you to decide, as you may be feeling exhausted, or really ok!

i finished 3 weeks b4 my due date, but baby was 9 days late, lol but used 2weeks leave so maternity started 1 wk b4 my due date,

x

I'm finishing 2 weeks beforehand, want as much time off as possible at the other end!

I finished one week before my due date but I went in to labour on day 3! I have an amazing job where I can work from home so I worked as long as I could x

God, 2 weeks before??? Frigg that! I'm off 10 weeks before my due date and it can't come soon enough! I'm Knackered!!!!!!

With my first I worked an 11 hour day (plus a power walk at lunch!) the day I went in to give birth. With my second I had her the day after I was done at 39 weeks. I was actually going to be induced - long story - but she came on her own.

This is my final week but I have tagged holiday on to I don't start maternity leave until baby is probably here(likely to be induced)

I am leaving 5 weeks before but 2 weeks are being taken as holiday! so yay only 4 weeks left of work now :)
XxX

I'm planning on about 10 days before - due on 2nd May so going to stop at Easter x

Two weeks before babys due for me to, if I can last that long as I work as a care assistant :(

I thought it was law that you have to finish no later than 2 weeks before due date?? I'm aiming to finish around 6 weeks before due date....kind of happy medium. Have 10 weeks left...can't wait! Think I am going to find these next 10 weeks hard as the bigger I get the more exhausted I feel! xx

I'm planning on finishing about 5 weeks before but will take 2 weeks holiday so my maternity leave will start 3 weeks before due date. Hoping to finish at the end of April. It's making thinking about going back to work tomorrow easier knowing I've only got 4 months left.

There is no law as such that governs when you should finish up but most employer liability insurance does not cover you to be on the premises in the last 2 weeks before your due date. This is where the 2 weeks originated from. Other employer liability insurance covers you irrespective.

Maybe it's crazy but I'd like to finish just one week before, to have as much time off after as possible.
I wonder if I'll change my mind nearer the time... :)
Xx

Ive got five weeks holiday to use so gonna use that first, then start mat leave after that, so two weeks before due date. So leaving wrk at 33/34 weeksxx hooray!!xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back