Finger foods

Lulu90

Reaction score
I'm a little nervous about trying Luca with finger foods, but I'm hoping it will work wonders and finally get his arms/hands moving. What's best to start him out on? xx

I think things like boiled/steamed carrot sticks, broccoli, toast, porridge sticks is what I found easiest to start with hun. I was very anxious this time round but the more I did it the easier it got hun. There gag reflex is more forward than ours so they will gag rather than choke from what I've read. Lily loves her finger foods now xxx

Our faves are

Toast, plain or with cheddar
Crumpet
Banana
Sweet potato wedges
Carrot/ parsnip sticks

There the kind of things we started on

Now we include
Strawberries
Blueberries
Cream cheese on bread
Pepper (tried for the first time this week)
Baby bel cheese
Sausage (without the skin)
Brussel sprouts

Thank you for your replies ladies, really appreciate it xx

We tried Eva on rusks first x you can get reduced sugar rusks and I figured it would be good as they melt in the mouth x

She has carrots, toast, meat and broccoli. She just tends to throw most of it on the floor! X

Yeah I'm getting ready for the floor to be ruined. He's at the stage where he purposely drops things xx

I love giving my daughter finger foods, which is largely her way of feeding as I do BLW.

I give her:

Toast
Crumpet
Sandwich (soft cheese, cheese, tuna filling)
Scrambled egg (just tried this week).
Cucumber
Red pepper
Banana
Strawberries
Carrot
Parsnip

Have fun :)

Did she like scrambled egg rooster? My lg hated it

I think my lg likes food too much to throw it on the floor, she's pretty good. She just stuffs her cheeks.

Yeah she didn't mind it actually. She pretty much eats anything (even stuff she shouldn't) :lol:

We have butter on crumpets and butter or cheddar on toast

I want to try peanut butter as I love t but she's had a bit of eczema so I need to speak to hv

Omelette fingers
Eggy bread
Hummus on toast
Banana
Cheese on toast

If you were nervous about it to start with you could use a mesh feeder? It means that they can only get small bits off or just get the taste. I was given one as a gift but didn't end up using it but it would have been good to but bits of melon/banana in I'd imagine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back