Finger foods?

NIE

Reaction score
Hiya, :wave:

Can you suggest some first finger foods I can give Adam and the best way to get him started.

Thanks. x

I asked my health visitor this yesterday and she said banana coz its big enough for them to grab and they tend to mush it up a lot in their hands before putting it in their mouths.

finger foods i found scarey at first, especially b4 melissa got any teeth. especially biscuits coz she more easily choked on them! iv always preferred to give toast, coz with butter on its nice and soft (well soggy! lol) and she loves it. but dont think u should give gluten until after 6 months (bread has gluten!)

for finger foods i started hayden on soft cut up fruit..banana, grapes (cut up though) avocado, peach, and toast soldiers then i started giving the organic finger biscotti, then onto stuff like cut up apple.
when he got to about 10, 11 months i gave him more stuff like the organix carrot stick crisps & the sweetcorn rings from boots and rusks. and then from 1 yr or so i started giving him raisins which he loves..and harder stuff like carrot sticks!

Slices of avocado, banana, pear, toast, rice cakes, brocolli trees, cooked chip shaped pieces of parsnip, carrot, cauliflowers bits.

What brand of marg/butter is best for the toast. I am asuming it should be salt free. x

We're just starting finger foods with Jenna - I've bought Lurpack unsalted butter. Although not sure about whether to give her toast or not as it contains salt?? Tried an organix soft rusk today which she seemed to like - didn't eat much though - mainly just chewed and made it gooey :D

Before 6 months its mainly fruit and veg - steamed carrot sticks and brocolli spears always went down well, and cucumber and tomotes.
You need to be a bit careful with the banana and bread (after 6 months) as the can just mush it and it sticks to the top of their mouths rather than being swallowed.
After 6 months its anything you can cut into suitable pieces - toast, cheese, pitta bread etc

I gave toast with lurpack, cos its unsalted! breadsticks, fruits, ham bits turkey etc, loads of stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back