Finger foods?

kimmumof2

Reaction score
what is the ebst age to introduce finger foods, kayla is well weaned now and has 3 meals a day and loads of different tastes but im unsure at what age i should start trying her with finger foods as i dont want her to choke. i cnt remember what age reanna was when i did it with her becus she was weaned earlier than kayla was.

also what are the best things to start off with?

xxxx

I think its suggested around 6 months, but you could go with what you feel comfortable with. I started off with rusk biscuits at about 5 and a half months.

thanks, might leave it for a few more weeks then, anyone else got any good starting finger foods.

xxxxx

I haven't really started Lola with finger foods yet she only has rusk and apple flavor rice cakes atm :)

Fin started about 7 months and I think it has helped him to learn to eat well and enjoy textures! They inevitably gag a bit as they have to learn the process of putting the food to the back of the mouth and swallowing. It is always a bit scarey but try soft cooked vegs and melt in the mouth foods.

Im only giving rusks at the moment to get her used to holding something and eating it! shes having a gas and the mess is terrible :rotfl: you gotta love them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back