Fibroids, something else or nothing?????

april7176

Reaction score
I don't know which forum to post this in or if anyone has any experience/knowledge of Fibroids?! I am 30 yrs old and we are currently ttc following 1st MC.

I have been referred by my GP in the past for a lump in my abdomen which she thought was my kidney and to be honest she told me to expect the worst which wasn't very nice! At the time I also had a severe infection which she believed was a kidney infection although I had very mild symptoms compared to a previous kidney infection I had many years ago. Anyway, basically I had 2 ultrasounds which showed everything as normal. The first ultrasound was a full one, checking my ovaries, bladder, kidneys, liver and everything else she could see and she told me that everything looked perfect. I also had full blood tests to check blood cell levels, kidney and liver function and thyroid function and all were normal. Would fibroids show up on an ultrasound?

However in the past I have had lots of problems with UTI's which further investigations of my bladder etc found nothing. I still have problems where I wake up early in the morning and HAVE to go to the toilet (1's or 2's) due to the pressure on my abdomen. Quite often I can just feel pressure/mild pain in the right side of my abdomen.

I have also noticed over the past few years that my periods have become much heavier and slightly longer and I have also experienced bad PMS symptoms which I never used to have either. I have also noticed premenstrual spotting has started over the past couple of years.

Last weekend I miscarried my first pregnancy at just 5 weeks and with all the other problems I have had I am wondering if Fibroids could be the problem?? I don't know much about that though so I wondered what anyone else thought?? I have already been referred by my GP for numerous other possible problems in the past but they have never found anything wrong with me which is making me feel really paranoid and like a hypercondriac. I also worry my b/f will end up thinking the same thing. I just feel like something really isn't right. We are planning on ttc again and I just hope and pray that it doesn't end in MC again.

Many thanks for any thoughts ladies. xx

Hi April, sorry to hear about your miscarriage :hug:

I don't know much about fibroids but I did work with someone who had quite a large one and who got pregnant and carried to full term and had a healthy baby girl :D I hope that puts your mind at rest somewhat :D

Good luck TTC :hug:

hello
my mum, aunty and gran had fibroids which they passed once they ahd had children, I believe they can be painful and may cause m/c, ask your doc for a scan or laporoscopy (camera inside) I am positive it is easy to remove them
hope this helps. the internet may have more info
take care

Just out of curiosity, where abouts on your abdomen is the lump you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back