Fetal Doppler

Oliviasmommy

Reaction score
Have any of you purchased one of these? How early did it work? I’m 9+1 and just ordered one. Thinking it may not work quite yet but didn’t know if you ladies or anyone you knew used one in the 1st trimester ?

It's usually really hard to find the heartbeat at home before 14 weeks but I have seen some people have luck from 9 weeks. Depends on how thin you are, where baby is sitting and where your placenta is. I think they cause more stress than they're worth but each to their own.

My midwife told me whatever I do don’t purchase one of these.
its not as simple as just finding the heartbeat as we don’t know what we are looking for.
We could hear own heartbeat or the placenta and not the baby and it brings a lot of anxiety. Just don’t use it as a reassurance thing.

My midwife told me whatever I do don’t purchase one of these.
its not as simple as just finding the heartbeat as we don’t know what we are looking for.
We could hear own heartbeat or the placenta and not the baby and it brings a lot of anxiety. Just don’t use it as a reassurance thing.

Yep, you actually can't buy them here. Supposedly the radiation is bad for baby and like you say, they cause unnecessary stress.

I wouldn't buy one either. Could be dangerous, if you think you're hearing your baby and you're not as char said. X

I also wouldn't buy one. How would you feel if you couldn't find the heartbeat? For me it just wasn't worth that amount of stress. As the others have said, you might hear your own or the placenta and get false reassurance. Each to their own but not for me.

I have one. Doesn't often get used. I've used one with my other pregnancies.
U prob will be too early to hear anything this early. Mine was first found way low down at bikini line.
Ul hear lots of whoosing noise. Ul hear ur own heartbeat and ul hear babies. Babies HB is really fast. If uve bought one with the heartrate display ull see the range away up high mine first time I heard was about 174 now is lower as I'm alittle further on. Its sounds like a steam train. Or for some galloping horse.
I wouldn't get too obsessed with these dopplers as the girls say it could cause more stress.
I just found it handy during later stage off first trimester.
It wont be used as a tool for reassurance later stage off my pregnancy.

Wasn’t looking to use it as a reassurance tool. We haven’t been able to hear babies heartbeat yet, only see it on the screen because the dr I went to, her machine didn’t have any volume (she’s a gyno, not an OB but I have now been referred out to an OB) Since the virus my next scan won’t be for quite a while so was just hopeful me and hubby would be able to use it to hear it prior to the next appt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back