fertility tests

me-me

Reaction score
hi girls

we have been ttc for 12 months and i am going to make an appointment for the docs soon to discuss infertility. I am worried she will say there is nothing they will do until we have been trying for much longer and if this is the case me and hubbie have decided to pay for private tests, or at least the first stage tests. Does anyone know what the first stage tests would be, ie sperm count etc.

many thanks

i really don't know but i wish you all the best when you have the tests done and ttc :hug: :hug:

Hi when we went we had the sperm count done first then when we returned for the results we both had the blood tests done. These check for Hepititus A and B, HIV, your blood group and a few other things. The tests are not cheap though. We had to pay a consultation fee to the clinic of about £130 then £50 for the sperm test, £135 each for the blood tests. We still need to go back for a hormone blood test each. I have to have a blood test on CD1 and another one on CD21 and then god knows what after that... thats as far as i know. Hope this helps :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back