Male home fertility tests??

leeleeKitty

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm back to the ttc section..... again.
Has anyone's other half tried the male home fertility tests? I seen you can get ones for £15 that test the sperm count. My DH has said he wouldn't mind trying it. I didn't suggest it - i didn't even know such a thing existed! I would like to know your experiences with it.
From what I can see it only tests amount of sperm and not quality and mobility. But I suppose , its somewhere to start. We've been ttc for 9 months. I'm taking the pregnacare supplements, DH is taking the wellman supplements, I'm using BBT and CBFM. :wall2::wall2::wall2:

Also, I try to eat a varied diet as it is and limit the amount of take-aways and processed foods we eat. Can anybody recommend any books with recipe ideas about what nutrients we should be eating throughout our cycle?

Thanks!

Hi leeleekitty

I have never heard of the home test for sperm count before but it makes sense there would be one, there is test for everything else out there!

It would be interesting to find out if they work.

I am also on cycle nine and beginning to think about doctors something I hoped never to need!

Sorry not much help - lots of baby dust to you

xx

I thought i was on cycle 8 but when i looked back on them its actulay cycle 9 for me altho only month 8. Havent heard of these tests but wud be interesting to see how they cud poss b done at home. Fx for both of you to get bfp this cycle.

Michelle. x

Hi, my husband and I bought a babystart FertilCheck PLUS kit online recently - it has 2 male and female fertility tests. It's very easy to use and according to the reviews is 97%'accurate. Worth checking out. Our tests said we were both fine so hopefully when we start trying next month we will be successful :)

Hi, my husband and I bought a babystart FertilCheck PLUS kit online recently - it has 2 male and female fertility tests. It's very easy to use and according to the reviews is 97%'accurate. Worth checking out. Our tests said we were both fine so hopefully when we start trying next month we will be successful :)
Wow just read about this online and sounds amazing, would love to test but im even scared reading about it just incase it tells me there is a problem!!! Think if dont get my BFP in a couple of months will have to cross my fingers and give it a go! x

Hi Pink Butterfly, glad you found this useful - I was very apprehensive about our results but it's better to know than to worry about something that may not be a problem. I was relieved that my results came back to say I was still fertile as I am 39 and convinced myself I had left it too late. The kit wasn't very expensive either :)

Hi Pink Butterfly, glad you found this useful - I was very apprehensive about our results but it's better to know than to worry about something that may not be a problem. I was relieved that my results came back to say I was still fertile as I am 39 and convinced myself I had left it too late. The kit wasn't very expensive either :)
Wow thats good to know because the reason why i am so scared is because im 36! Im on month 3 of trying so think if I havent got my BFP by month 6 I will defo give it a go! Thanks hun! Have you got a TTC journal...would love to follow your TTC journey? x

Wow thats good to know because the reason why i am so scared is because im 36! Im on month 3 of trying so think if I havent got my BFP by month 6 I will defo give it a go! Thanks hun! Have you got a TTC journal...would love to follow your TTC journey? x

Hi Pink Butterfly, I've only just joined this site so still finding my way around but will definately look at doing a TTC journal. Thanks for the tip :) Looking forward to chatting to you and sharing journeys xx

When I was ttc last year, we ordered and did the home tests... Mine were fine, but hubby's sperm said low he was really upset :( but then we had bfp a month later :) so not sure about them. I'd try it but not take it as gospel. Think I got ours from amazon. xx

Hi Pink Butterfly, I've only just joined this site so still finding my way around but will definately look at doing a TTC journal. Thanks for the tip :) Looking forward to chatting to you and sharing journeys xx
LOL oh yeah just noticed you have only just joined :) yeah pop into my journal when every you want and let me know how you are doing hun! Good luck x

Last edited:
When I was ttc last year, we ordered and did the home tests... Mine were fine, but hubby's sperm said low he was really upset :( but then we had bfp a month later :) so not sure about them. I'd try it but not take it as gospel. Think I got ours from amazon. xx

Hi Bluebell, I agree not to take the results as gospel as they aren't 100% accurate. However in our case as my GP wouldn't entertain doing tests till we had been TTC unsuccessfully for 6 months, we wanted to try and find out where we stood sooner as I will be 40 this year. I'm sorry your husband was upset by the results. (sorry, I am new to the site and not sure what the abbreviation bfp means - I assume from the smiley face it's good?). We got ours from Amazon too. Xx

LOL oh yeah just noticed you have only just joined :) yeah pop into my journal when every you want and let me know how you are doing hun! Good luck x

Thanks Pink Butterfly, I will have a look at your journal and let you know how things are going for us :) K xx

BFP = pregnant, my son is now 6 months :) hopefully making him a little bro or sis soon xx

Thanks for the advice everyone. Will keep you posted if we do go for the home testing kit.

if you haev been ttc for 9 months you shoudl be able to get a proper sperm analysis done at your local hospital. send your man to his gp see what they say.

better than paying for it and a proper SA checks about 20 different different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back