Fertility Monitor - Good or Bad???

penny_cole

Reaction score
Mother Hubbard - AF arrived last night so I now know it wasn't the accuracy of the First Response test just my over excited imagination once again making me soooo believe this month was the one. So anyway I have decided to start using a Clear Blue Fertility monitor. Does anybody know how successful they are or are they just a glorified ovulation test stick??

I am will to try anything, I have been using cb ov sticks and been getting the smiley face but still no luck. Getting so frustrated now thinking this will never happen.

x

Hi Penny, sorry she got you, I haven't used this I'm afraid, hope the girls can answer your question

Wish you good luck with it, It can never hurt to try something new X

Last edited:
I have heard nothing but good things about the clear blue fertility monitor. Bit out of my price range at the mo is the only reason i havent invested in one yet. Good luck with it if you do purchase one

I have heard good reviews about them from family and friends, but they are a bit pricey to buy lol I gave up on gadgets, me personally would just stick to ovulation sticks...

Donna xx

iv just bought one these monitors off ebay..... has anyone got any experiences with them that can help :) xx

I used one! They are just a glorified OV stick but it takes the guessing out of whether ur line is dark enough or not.
The first month of using, its getting used to ur cycle so it will go from low to high on day 12 approx. It will stay at high until u get ur peak reading... i.e. when u ovulate.
Bear in mind that for some women it doesnt go to peak, it goes straight back to low. However the high readings are ur high fertile days.
I got one cos my cycles were long and irregular.
First month of trying it went to high on day 12 and instead of going to peak 5 days later, it stayed high until.day 26. Thats when I got my peak.
I got my bfp the first month of using it :)

it sounds really complicated to use :-/ i wont get it in time for this month of clomid so will have to use it next month i guess. (thats if the clomids not worked its magic) fingers crossed x

I love it. No guessing as to yes or no like opk's. I got BfP second month using it. Unfortunately mc in Feb but cant wait till I can get a regular af and use it again!

I miscarried in January, and got pregnant in March... using the clearblue fertility monitor.
I have only one ovary and dont release an egg every month, so this really helped. i think it is well worth the money. i bought it new on ebay and got all my sticks on there too...
i really do think it helped me and my husband as we both run businesses and dont have time to BD twice a day every day!!! xxx

Hey girls,

Ive got one of these and have been using it now for 4 months to know when NOT to do it as I was WTT. I am now using it TTC so will let you end of this month if its worked. I have to say even though it is more expensive I love it!! It detects another hormone that the opk sticks dont... usually showing me high on day 13, 14 and then peak on 15 and sometimes 16. so I know these days are my goal. 14 - 18 so it makes the whole window alot easier according to the way my cycle works.

I got mine second hand on ebay with free sticks. BARGAIN!!!

Is this like the persona?
Cost approx £50?
I am thinking of buying one.
As applecider says you can use them to prevent after you have conceived to then prevent further pregnancies, as I dont want to have to go back on the pill or use a IUD so not so expensive if you think you can use for the rest of your life (majority!) xxx

about £50... well worth it...
because the sperm can stay live for up to 3 days, it highlights pretty much 3 extra days before and after ovulation suitable to conceive... rather than the usual 2 days.... (think thats right!)
worked for me twice and i have been using it since November... pregnant in December, MC in Jan, pregnant in March 14 weeks now!
(and i have 50% fertility due to ectopic!)
Well worth the money.... in my opinion...xxx

I really dont wana go back on the pill again so I will be using this long term. I think if you have been trying for a while its a worthwhile investment, maybe sell it on to a friend after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back