Fertility clinics

liviray

Reaction score
Hello all!!!
As some of you know, I've been having a tad bit of trouble ttc. My GP has now refered me to (although I don't have an appointment date yet) the fertility assistance/clinic part of the hospital.
Has anyone else been refered to this sort of place? She said they would do some tests (as the consultant I was originally refered to was useless!).
What will they do? Is the whole deal a long process????
:?

I'm not 100% sure.

I was referred a couple of years back. I had a blood test which tested fertile & my partner had to do a sample :angel: then things happened & I pulled out.

I reently got referred again & when my appointment came through I found out I was pregnant. With it being ectopic the girl's are now investigating reccurring miscarriages for me so I don't need to attend the fertility clinic. :)

Cheers wobbles!!!!
Hope you are well. Keep me updated will u about all your goings on!!! :D

are you not working hard liviray!! tut tut :roll:

Its actually bloody busy across the unit!!!! Just taking 5!!!!!!
:D
U ok?

i just had a long soak in the bath and chilled to the core man!! hope you have a good night mate! :clap:

Ohhhh :doh: Good news they are referring you all the same x

Hiya Liv

You'll most likely have a complete medical (and surgical where applicable) history taken and initial bloods drawn to check your hormone profile to see if you are in fact ovulating and if there are any other anomolies.
You may have an ultrasound to check that everything is in working order, but it's likely that your blood results will be looked at first before deciding what further tests may be required.
Arrangements will be made to check your partners semen sample. Usually two appointments will be booked as semen levels can fluctuate.

All relevant treatment options will be discussed, but this is usually talked about in more detail after your tests results have come back.

Hope this helps

Thanks heaps Racheal!
It gives me an idea of what to expect....if the bloody appointment ever comes through!!! :evil:

Hiya Liv

Hope your appointment comes through soon! - Any questions, shout up!
goodluck1.gif

liviray is on holiday i think shes back on sat or sun, then we'll find out how she is. :dance:

Ahhhhh thanks Rusks was wandering how she was too :D

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hols were fab!!!! Lots of sun! Rode on a camel for my b'day!!! Lots and lots of BDing! OH was feeling especially frisky!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Trying to catch up with everything tats been happening on here!
Hope to speak soon to you all!!!!!
:moon:

welcome back liviray. How are you? see you next week to catch up. :dance:

Hey bird!!!!
Had a great time!
Will def catch up this coming week. Hope we're working together soon!
You'll have to show me how to do the avator!
xxx :D :D :D :D

urchin helped me get my avatar in the off topic section shes fab!!

glad you had a good time, you feeling a little better for the break? Im feeling much more relaxed and less obsessed this month, im getting my life back!! :dance:

Feeling great after a break! Cheers! Hope you've had a good week off also!
U having a quiet day? BDing for cornwall I hope!!!!!!!!!!? :wink: :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back