Fertility Appointment

Jacq23

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Not been on for a while as I've kind of given up lately. I had a back problem 5 weeks ago which is still not right despite being beaten up by an osteopath. Then in half term I had a really nasty chest infection which is still hanging around. Needless to say I didn't bother taking my Clomid this month as I knew I wouldn't even feel like BDing.

So...1st round of 100mg Clomid induced a bleed from a 4 month cycle - I took the Clomid 3 months into that cycle pretending that the day I started it was day 2 of my cycle. That was a 9 day heavy bleed. I then had a 38 day cycle on the next round of 100mg and that only lasted 2 days and was very light. My progesterone bloods showed as 3 and <1 so pretty shite really. I didn't bother with Clomid this cycle and should have been on 150mg and am on CD26 at the moment with no clue when AF will appear or even if.

I had my next gynae consultation Thursday (CD24) so I updated her on events. Through the entire thing she looked at me with a mocking pity, silly trout. She sent me for a progesterone blood test and also Thyroid function (at my request after a chat with a friend who went to a reflexologist (the friend had been at a fertility clinic 2 years) and reflexologist said her thyroid was low, went to docs, got put on thyroxine and bingo in 1 month she was preggers). Gyae also said to book in for another scan and gave me 3 more months 150mg Clomid. Then she just looked at me told me to go and get a private consultation at a fertility clinic in Bristol and then pay for IVF self-funded as the NHS was unlikely to do much more given I have a child.

Feeling a little crushed.

And then the afternoon I had with politics and stuff at work...well let's just say an entire box of chocs was consumed that evening! :(

Sorry you've had a rough time of things recently xx

Hi Jacq,
sorry things are going rubbish for you at the minute.
Your gynae doesn't sound very nice, maybe you should request to change consultant?!
When are you going to start the 150mg clomid? You never know, the higher dose might be the one to do the trick.
Massive FX for you xxx

Hiya blondy,
I think I'm going to hang out for AF (which could be up to 3 months away!) and then start the Clomid. What with all the rubbish at work I'm just not in the frame of mind for manic BDing at the moment. We have a holiday in 4 weeks so hopefully after that as I should be in a much better place mentally by then.

I really didn't want to go to the hospital I am at, as most of my relatives have either not come out or have contracted C-Diff (spelling?) or MRSA (Nan and auntie) but it had the shortest wait on choose and book (hmm wonder why?!). Oh well doesn't sound like I will be seeing her again anyway. I will look into the private consultation closer to summer time when I've given the Clomid a few more shots. So, for now, it's just a bit of dealing with one thing at a time and waiting for AF. For once, I'm not desperate about it as everything has got on top of me a bit and I need to chill out. I'm just looking forward to my holiday and maybe a more relaxed approach will get the desired result!

Thanks for your support xx

Last edited:
Progesterone <1 this month so clearly still not ovulating on my own. Oh well, chilling for a while before going back on Clomid.

Bristol Gynos are crap especially at Frenchey. They completly missed that I had PCOS. Wasn't until moved near London that within a year of been here I had all tests done, found out had PCOS then treated for it.

4 years under the Bristol gyno just gave me immense pain and frustration! they also kept saying all in my head and messing me about :S Bah!
Avoid Bristol ones as much you can hun.

If you don't bleed regually you should of been given tablets to force you to bleed so you can start the clomid when you want to.
Hope you get stuff sorted hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back