clomid 3-7 or 5-9??

itisbabytime

Reaction score
I have had one cycle taking clomid on days 3-7 and one cycle taking clomid on days 5-9. i had my progesterone checked each cycle at exactly 6dpo (i know not 7dpo but its how it worked out with the weekends.) anyway my numbers were indicative of an ovulatory cycle as expected but there was a difference of 20 pmol/L between the two. do you think is just random or do you think the days that you take the clomid makes a difference??

I have no experiance in clomid, hope the ladies can help you with their good advice- but wanted to say that was the higher result the second attempt? Just thinking scientifically, that maybee being a second attempt could have upped the results just by being a second go, if that makes sense

I'm days 2-6 also. Was the lower result the later days of taking it? I think that would make sense as surely it's worked later? Xxx

The lower result was from taking it day 3-7. I've been advised to take it 3-7 going forward but I don't know. It could just be totally random I know. Arrgghh

Oh that is a bit random. Maybe it doesn't matter too much, docs wouldn't advise different days if it really mattered I guess. Are you on day 3 now? Maybe see if you feel like taking it later lol and go with that xxx

Day 2 today. I might just go for a 4-8 to make it even ahahaha!

cds 2-6 produces lots of eggs but barely mature. cds 5-9 produces fewer eggs (eg 1) but is very mature. cds 3-7 produces a nice eveness being quite a few eggs that are all mature enough.

you should also Ov between 7-10 days after the LAST clomid tablet is taken, so on 2-6 u could ov anywhere between 9-16, 3-7 would be 10-17, and 5-9 would be 12-19. so the progesterone levels would be different for everyone as everyone ov's different iykwim.
when i was on 100mg clomid, i did cd5-9 and i always ov'd between cd18-22 so mine was always just over "the rule".

hope this helps? xx

Yes it does! Thanks.

I am cd 5 now and I will start the clomid tonight. I honestly completely forgot about it! I think going forward will be 3-7.

Ive done it before. Ive got to cd4 and thought "sh1t forgot my tablets" lol its perfectly fine lol xx

DW - everyone else seems to be on 2-6 except me!! Maybe its a PCT thing. I'm in scotland so maybe guidelines differ??

I'm on 2-6 as well. Don't know if I'll change this next cycle (if we don't get our bfp) - is it safe to? x x

I guess it will be hun. Just say full af didnt hit till day 3?! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back