New cat

MrsR

Reaction score
I've acquired a new cat!!!! I went to view a house and this really friendly fluff ball of a cat followed me around the house (it's an empty house). I stroked the little thing and discovered that she'd obviously not been looked after for a while. She's quite long haired and has alot of matts in her fur and you can feel every bone in her body when you stroke her! So home she came with me! I have another cat but I've never had a cat so obviously neglected so I was just wondering if anyone else had had an animal like this. What did they do to get them back to a good weight? She's generally healthy and is going to vets on fri and she is eating but I just wondered if there were any tricks to entice her to eat/drink a little more? I know cats will eat until they're full and stop but she eats a bit and then wanders off. She's such a beautiful, friendly little thing. I can not believe how cruel people are to animals! It's disgusting!

I was in the exact same situation in oct. The cat- now called buddy showed up half starved. I just made sure that there was always food and water out for him and he helped himself. Now he's kinda chubby and a right house- cat! Cats know what they want and need. Shell just eat when she wants, if her stomach has shrunk then it'll be little and often x

Aww poor little thing. How nice of you to take her in. I hope she checks out ok at the vets and gets healthy soon xx

sounds like you're doing everything right, if she really is malnourished though, you can always try her on kitten food for a bit, it will help her put weight on a little quicker. Speak to the vet on Friday first though, as kitten food can sometimes be very rich, and if she hasn't eaten properly in a while then it may be too much for her. What a lucky cat to have found you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back