Why is my pussy bald?

Lou

Reaction score
Seriously my cat is going bald at her back end. She has been de-flea'd and wormed recently but has started going really baldy, first on her tummy but now all down the inside of her back legs. She gets chased alot by a local cat who chases her home and tries to get in the cat flap, its magnetic so it can't get inside. So we thought maybe it was stress and that was causing excessive grooming maybe? We don't notice she grooms alot but we do find lumps of fur randomly around the house :think: She's only young and is otherwise fit and healthy so what could it be? We are going to buy a water pistol and squirt the horrible cat who keeps chasing her, it has no collar so we don't know who's it is, we have asked our neighbours and they don't know either and the RSPCA suggested I catch it :shock: and put a paper collar on it with a message on it to its owners. Theres no way I'd go near it, its f'ing mean!

Can anyone shed any light on this for us?

We've just been through exactly the same thing with Nora. In the same places too.

The vet said it was could be an allergic reaction to flea bites, but we'd recently treated too.

Poor Noo Noo was cornered in the garden by next door's evil Yorkie terrier (the fence had blown down) and she's a nervous animal anyway, so the vet conceded it could be stress.

The only other option is mange. Has she been hanging round with any dirty toms? Poor kitty.

Nora's treated now (more flea stuff) but she still looks like a little scruffy rag bag, it's taking ages to grow back :(

Awww poor Nora :)

Thanks for your reply, and no our cat hasn't been hanging around with any cats, she's very anti social, bit like me :lol: I've had a look at the baldy bits and there are no bites, no sores and the skin looks smooth and healthy. I think its stress then. Makes sense doesn't it :think:

I'm going to buy the biggest water pistol and frighten that bloody cat away! :evil:

Thanks again, you've saved me an expensive trip to the vets :wink:

:D

Just to add, we never noticed her grooming excessively either, just the clumps of fur.

Maybe if they have a nasty shock it just falls out :? Git that nasty kitty, we're having problems with strangers in our cat flap. OH is blocking it at the weekend, am sick of my kitchen smelling of piss :evil:

We used to have cats coming in and spraying everywhere, thats why we bought the magnetic cat flap :)

Cats protection may be more helpful than rspca. They recently came and trapped a cat and got rid of it for us that was causing problems.

:lol: @ the title

yeah that's wierd. poor cat though. has she been spayed? if not then there might be a few of them cats chasing her to try and mount her

Yeah we got her spayed as soon as we got her. And I've tried the cats protection league and they weren't much help either. They can't take away a cat untill all efforts have been made to trace the owners. I have asked neighbours, put posters up, can't do much else. We thought it was a stray but it doesn't look malnourished. Its definately feral though, horrible thing :evil:

could it be stress related?

The exact same thing happened to my cat. We were moving around a lot then had the baby and then straight after that she started losing her fur round her tail and back legs. It got so bad there were clumps of fur everywhere she sat. She didnt go outside so was nothing to do with other cats.

Unfortunately due to all the moving I had to give her to a new home :cry: i still miss her. I dont know if her hair stopped falling out since :(

gymbabeliz said:
could it be stress related?

The exact same thing happened to my cat. We were moving around a lot then had the baby and then straight after that she started losing her fur round her tail and back legs. It got so bad there were clumps of fur everywhere she sat. She didnt go outside so was nothing to do with other cats.

Unfortunately due to all the moving I had to give her to a new home :cry: i still miss her. I dont know if her hair stopped falling out since :(

Awwwwww :hug: I'm sure she's happy :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back