fell down the stairs........

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
with ella in my arms!!!!! It was one of my fears and it happened! It was only about the last 6 steps, my feet came from under me and I fell onto my bum and slid down the stairs! Luckily I kept a tight hold of ella and she didnt bang herself or anything, she started crying but from shock! As a resuly I have carpet burn :cry: feeling sorry for myself lol.
advice to everyone, dont walk down the stairs with ur shoes on whilst holding baby! this is what caused me to slip!

Oh no! Glad your both ok though. I managed to that when Jess was a baby but your instincts just take over don't they. I nearly dislocated my shoulder stopping myself from falling any further but at least jess was ok.

oh what a fright you must have got, im so glad you are both okay.

Oh no :( Glad you're both ok! That's one of my big fears too, especially the thought of toppling forward. We haven't got a handrail and our stairs are narrow and quite steep.

Ouch on the carpet burns :shock:

i did thi hun and it hurt like hell made it worse that B was screaming, he didnt get hurt i was wearing socks tho lol

I did this when Seren was 2 months old. I bashed her wee nose on my shoulder. Glad you are both ok, and I haven't done it since either :wink:

OMG hun, glad you are both ok.
Ths is my biggest fear. I imagine it happening everytime i go down stairs. I was in bed the other night when OH fell down, top to bottom, 4 weeks after having a disc removed. thought he would be paralysed for sure! i just kept thinking 'what if...'

Crikey Lauz, glad you are both ok, must have been scary for you this is one of my biggest fears! Ive come close to slipping a few times!

:shock: top to bottom gosh that must have hurt! Hope it doesnt happen again! Toppling forward is also my worse fear! I imagine it sometimes when I walk down the stairs! But touch wood it wont happen, Im extra careful now lol.

Awww glad you're OK lauz

Hels is your OH ok now?

how frightening - least your both ok (apart from the carpet burns!)

It is scary, i fell down them when I was PG
x

I woke up stiff and aching today!!!! It didnt even hurt at the time and after a good night sleep im in pain! strange, im a whimp been taking pain killers all day lol. and I had to work in a pub when the world cup was on!

Ouch! I know how that feels - I fell down the stairs from top to bottom in January when I was seven and half months pregnant - I broke the end of my coxcyx. Luckily Heidi was ok.

Hope you both fully recovered
L x

OWWW Lisa that sound horrible! I sound like a mard now moaning that I fell down about 6 steps lol. it hurts when u fall on ur coxix to break it must be very painful :doh:

LOL Lauz - ANY falling down the stairs is bad!!!!! - you poor thing - must be so scary if your holding your baby (its one thing I fear doing)

I did it in January D/H had to ring an ambulance cos I couldnt get off the floor - was bedridden for just over a month - you can just imagine it. I couldnt lay on my front cos I had a big bump and I couldnt lay on my back due to the fall - so I had to spend all day and all night on my side (I even got sores on the sides of my legs from it)

Complete nightmare. If you look back there are probably posts about me moaning about it on here when I was sofa-ridden!!! :D (I can laugh about it now!)

Fully recovered now but if I have been sitting on my backside for any length of time then it starts to ache :cry:

L x

oooooo u poor thing makes me cringe at the thought! glad u recovered ok tho

My OH fell down the stairs with Ashtyn the other day........the same.....the last six steps on his bum (thank god u both fell backwards!) my OH blames new sandaly flip flop things......he now knows not to wear them on the stairs! Ashtyn was fine.......infact OH said he laughed.....must have thought it was a bumpy ride!

:D Thats good he laughed! Might have been the same feeling as when we pick them up and do raspberrys on their tummys!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back