Fell down stairs :(

clarey

Reaction score
I am staying at my Mums down south for a couple of days and just slid coming down the stairs :(

I mainly bounced down on my heels and bum and elbows and I have still been feeling Bean wriggle over the last half hour or so, so I think she is OK, should I be more worried? I'm not bleeding or leaking anything as far as I can tell so far either.

My poor Mum feels terible cos I am in her house but I could just have easily done it in my own house, it was most of the flight though...she wants to take me to A+E but I dont think they will do much will they? I can see my own doc tomorrow morning when I get home if I need to.
What do you think?

There's nothing wrong with getting checked out. Your LO is almost certainly fine as he/she is well cushioned in your belly and it would take massive trauma to do any damage.

if baby is moving fine then you should be ok but it might be worth being checked over.
i was in a small car crash at the beginning of december and didn't hurt myself or get thrown forward or anything, and baby was fine but i rang up just incase and they said i still had to be checked.
everything was fine but if you've banged your bum/pelvis aswell it might be worth getting checked over :hug:

I'd say if you can still feel baby moving around and you are not bleeding or in pain you will probably be alright.
But if it was me I would want to get checked out for peace of mind especially if you fell for most of the flight down.

:hug:

Thanks, I dont feel like anything is majorly wrong but I will make an appointment for first thing tomorrow jsut in case and keep an eye on things. I am so stupid - our own house is a minefield of hazards where we have been decorating and I have manged not to hurt myself! :roll:

:hug: :hug: You poor thing. Baby should be fine but no harm in getting checked out. Take care xx

i did exactly the same when late in pregnancy with my daughter (now 9) i slipped and fell backwards on my back and bum. i cant rem if i called doc but she was fine as cushioned by all that fluid. theres no harm getting checked out but baby seems active all what puts ur mind at ease really
marie x
32+1

Hi, thanks for you advice,
Went to GP today who seemed more concerned I might have fractured my pelvis or something than hurt the baby as this would cause potential probs in a few weeks....but he thinks I am just bruised and said if anything was gonna happen as a result of the fall it would have done so by now.
Lil Bean is still wriggling plenty (and getting very fed up with me prodding her every time I think she hasnt moved for a bit probably!! :) )

Thanks for your reassurance guys :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back