Feeling rejected :(

Karenb

Reaction score
This may be a silly post... But as I'm sat crying and feeling so rubbish, I thought I'd see if anyone had any words of wisdom. The last couple of weeks, my 15 month old daughter has completely favoured her daddy, she refuses to let me put her to bed, won't eat for me if he's home and generally doesn't want anything to do with me if daddy's here. I love how much she loves him but being pushed away and her screaming to get away is really hurting. She's never been affectionate anyway but this is torture :( anyone experienced this, does it get better again?

Ohh chicken, it does get better! She's showing more affection to daddy because she doesn't see him as often as you so he's all exciting and different. She doesn't love you any less or her daddy any more. Things will balance out soon, promise :hugs:

She actually sees him more as he works shifts so gets mornings or afternoons with her. But I have just had the summer holidays off with her. I do hope it balances out. Thanks for replying!

They defo all go through stages and I remember about that point getting no hugs at all!! From
About 18 months tho the cuddles came back and now she's so affectionate! She picks different teams all the time lol. It's easy to get upset tho x

Thanks for msg. She wouldn't let me put shoes on today, had to be daddy. I'll eagerly await her wanting me again!!!

It's a natural part of a babies development. Read up on Freud's Psychosexual stages.

I could have written this myself. My 13 month old has started to only want his dad, if his dad's not here I get lots of affection but once daddy is around I get nothing and he screams if I go near him. It's heartbreaking :( I actually cried today when he did it xxx

Aw Colleen know exactly how you feel :( when you love them more than anything or anyone in the world, it's heartbreaking. I'm thinking it a phase and will pass. It has to!!

big hugs.
try to spend more time. they don't add hours like our employers do.

spend a whole weekend together, just the two of you to a new place that she may like. for example, if she likes parks, go to a different park out of town, or country even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back